Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gathering Poop
TheTree 02:23 PM 01-27-2021
We have a child who swallowed a coin. Her mother wants us to put a special bag in the toilet when the child needs to go and tie it up and she will collect the poop wen she picks her daughter up. We are a small daycare with 10 students and 2 teachers. Is this a reasonable request?
Cat Herder 02:27 PM 01-27-2021
No. Mom needs to send her in diapers that you can send home. She can do the digging.

Or, you know, keep her home.

Parent is a verb.
Michael 02:37 PM 01-27-2021
Welcome to the forum!
Cat Herder 02:40 PM 01-27-2021
Oh, yeah, I missed that. Welcome!! Stick around.
CountryRoads 02:49 PM 01-27-2021
What a strange request. She wants you to keep bags of poop laying around? If you're willing to accommodate, then I would suggest what CH said and require diapers or say no because it's unsanitary.

Just....ew.
Valerie928 03:06 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by TheTree:
We have a child who swallowed a coin. Her mother wants us to put a special bag in the toilet when the child needs to go and tie it up and she will collect the poop wen she picks her daughter up. We are a small daycare with 10 students and 2 teachers. Is this a reasonable request?
This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all year! But, that's not saying much since we are just a few weeks into the new year! That kid would have to stay home until the coin is found by PARENT.
Unregistered 04:38 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all year! But, that's not saying much since we are just a few weeks into the new year! That kid would have to stay home until the coin is found by PARENT.
Agree! I mean what if the coin suddenly shifts and causes a blockage?
Valerie928 05:59 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Agree! I mean what if the coin suddenly shifts and causes a blockage?
Exactly and the fact that this request for you to collect poop is absurd!
Jo123ABC 12:47 PM 01-29-2021
Hell no.
Gemma 03:23 AM 01-30-2021
None of my DCP would even dare to ask me something like this ..no way!!
CeriBear 05:17 AM 01-31-2021
Nope. I don’t think I’d agree to that. It’s way too unsanitary.
Pestle 01:39 PM 01-31-2021
GOOD LORD this is going to be one of those stories that circulates forever, like the "knives and prescription painkillers in the diaper bag" stories. (For the record, I reached into a diaper bag and came out with a bloody tampon applicator, so, guys: don't allow diaper bags.)

Anyway, congrats. You now have an A-list anecdote.

Lil_Diddle 08:22 AM 02-03-2021
No way, I’d say if it were a concern then parents need to keep the child home. Sounds completely unsanitary
Tags:group care, poop, swallowing - foreign objects, unreasonable parental expectations
Reply Up