Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wanted To Share A Neat Cheap Trick
DaycareMama 11:12 AM 02-01-2011
I have a rather large wall that is between two windows that I have been using for an art display area and theme bulletin board. Its roughly 40 inches high by 112 inches. I have priced out cork board to avoid poking holes in my wall and they are very expensive. I have turned to using plastic table clothes from the dolloar store or walmart. I tape them up with scotch tape they stay put and easily remove. Not damaging the paint on the wall. The things I hang can all be taped up and removed nicely. I had a really nice navy blue snow flake one up for the winter that stayed so nice i folded it back up and can reuse it next year. So much cheaper than construction paper too!! Just a thought for everyone
Lucy 11:23 AM 02-01-2011
Excellent idea! And those tablecloths come in so many different patterns too, you could have different ones for each month or each season. Thanks!
Missani 12:01 PM 02-01-2011
Good idea! I have a large bulletin board that I got from store that was closing ($10!)...if only I could get my husband to put it up for me! So, for me it's been holes in the wall so far.
bridgetokindergarten 12:02 PM 02-01-2011
I do the plastic table cover thing also! It's great for setting up a board for parent memo's and such. If the item doesn't look "centered" or is a bit crooked, you can gently pull it down and re-position it! I discovered the plastic table cover thing quite by accident a few years ago when I couldn't find bright red bulletin board paper for Valentines Day. I used a plastic table cover that I had left over from Christmas. It worked so well! No more torn paper when trying to re-position a memo that's hung up askew. Thanks for sharing!!!
Abigail 09:34 PM 02-01-2011
Do you have any pictures to share? Is it just the plastic tablecover taped to the wall? Don't you see the tape?
MG&Lsmom 05:51 AM 02-02-2011
I use string and clothes pins, like clothes lines, strung between two nails for hanging pictures. Tacks scare me as I've stepped on them before. I do have 2 huge cork boards in frames that I got at our local discount store for $7 a piece for posting notes and schedules in the entry way.
missnikki 06:07 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by MiaBergdorfl:
Improbable submit! This might help a lot of folks find out about this matter.

I am NOT clicking that until Michael does, just sayin'.
DCMomOf3 06:10 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
I am NOT clicking that until Michael does, just sayin'.
Smart lady. I just removed it, because i would never click it either.
angelpayne24 07:14 AM 02-02-2011
thanks for the great tip! i may have to try this! I like the string clothes line idea too!
melskids 07:26 AM 02-02-2011
our $ tree also has shower curtains w/ some neat designs/patterns that usually work well with our theme too!!! ( i found a blue striped one that was great for January's snow theme.) for a buck!!!
DaycareMama 12:33 PM 02-02-2011
I just roll the scotch tape and put it on the back. You can't see it at all. I am changing the wall tonight I think (I took it down last night). I will post pics tomorrow. Im alittle sad i didn't take a picture of this one. My husband helped do it and it really looked nice. The shower curtain idea is great too. Tacks scare me to. I had the last one up for 2 months and just kept changing my scene on it.
momofsix 06:13 AM 02-08-2011
Were you able to get pics? I'm looking forward to seeing this-I'm picturing it, but not sure if my "mental image" is right!
SandeeAR 06:20 AM 02-08-2011
Scotch makes a "removable" poster tape. That is what it states on the package. You can put this on any wall and rub it right off. It even works well on paneling. It is a little pricer than regular tape, but I use it on my glass storm door to post notes for parents and it rubs right off.
SimpleMom 06:43 AM 02-08-2011
great idea!!
Tags:bulletin board, table cloth
Reply Up