Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rain Gear
Kelly 04:15 PM 04-09-2013
I would like to be able to take my dcbs out on rainy days and was wondering what all of you recommend for rain gear. They are 15m, 2 yrs and 4 yrs. I also might be getting a 2m old baby--what do you do with wee ones when you go out in the rain?
MNMum 04:56 PM 04-09-2013
If I had an itty bitty, I would wear them in a front pack. We haven't gone out in the past if it is raining, because we haven't had the need (usually there would be some time in the day that was clear). However, this year might change things. Right now it is 30's and raining, so we stay in
nothingwithoutjoy 05:28 PM 04-09-2013
I like a one-piece rain suit best (this one looks nice), with rain pants (like these) and an over-sized rubber (not plastic) raincoat second best. I expect everyone to provide these things, as we go out every day. I also use their rain gear on damp days, when they're likely to be sitting on damp ground. When I had an infant, I'd wear them in a sling, often under my own raincoat.
Lyss 07:10 PM 04-09-2013
Oakiwear! We get a lot of rain over here and I recommend their stuff. I think the coat/pants set runs about $40 and the same for the one piece, or at least it used to, and sizing starts at 2T.

I've also had kids with Frogg Toggs amd REI brand stuff that worked well but I have no idea what they run or sizing.

I take the little ones out but we have a patio cover so they stay there and when I had infants I used a front pack, just bundled them up for the temperature. I also bought a camping canopy, just like this but Colman brand (I paid less than this!), so they have more room to play even when its raining
Tags:rain, rain gear
Reply Up