Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bathroom/Bum Change Time
Onawhim 08:54 AM 05-07-2015
How does everyone do this time? Do you give the kids an activity and then do one at a time. Do you take them all and have them sit outside the bathroom? I normally do the sit in the hall with books or we sings songs. But my littles have been wild not sitting trying to sit on each other, climb over each other etc. how can I make this time more positive?
Blackcat31 09:55 AM 05-07-2015
I don't take anyone to the bathroom. Those that are toilet trained go when they need to go. They are old enough to manage bathroom time on their own. (or I wouldn't consider them trained)

As for diaper changes, I change anyone who needs it when they need it AND during transition times; approx. 9:00, 11:00, 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00.....give or take up to 30 minutes on either side of those times.
Onawhim 10:26 AM 05-07-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't take anyone to the bathroom. Those that are toilet trained go when they need to go. They are old enough to manage bathroom time on their own. (or I wouldn't consider them trained)

As for diaper changes, I change anyone who needs it when they need it AND during transition times; approx. 9:00, 11:00, 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00.....give or take up to 30 minutes on either side of those times.

Do you take them before nap? See we all go together at 10, 12:30 and 3. At 12:30 we use bathroom and brush teeth.
childcaremom 10:51 AM 05-07-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
Do you take them before nap? See we all go together at 10, 12:30 and 3. At 12:30 we use bathroom and brush teeth.
My littles go to rest right from the table. We finish lunch, read stories, then one by one I get them down, change, and tuck them in to bed.

My older ones go by themselves and then down to their cots. I encourage them to try before we go outside but otherwise, they just let me know and away they go.

With my littles, I just change one by one and as needed. Always before morning snack (or just after), before rest, immed after rest. If I have any with a pick up after 5, I change at 5ish, just before they go.
Blackcat31 11:01 AM 05-07-2015
I don't take anyone. Those that are potty trained go whenever they need to go. They also brush their teeth after lunch too but again, the ones that do, do so on their own.

The littlest ones that may be transitioning towards brushing may need assistance but usually once they are able to use the bathroom on their own, they can brush on their own too.
Unregistered 03:03 PM 05-07-2015
I used to take all the kids, I used to make them go at certain times... what pita! Too much stress over using the bathroom!
Now I have a similar policy to blackcat. I remind at transition times - before nap, mealtimes, going outside. If they can't do it then they aren't potty trained and need to be in pull ups (or diapers, depending on if they are trying).
Play Care 03:17 AM 05-08-2015
I also don't take anyone to the bathroom. At transition times, I may send kids in to try, but the other kids and I continue doing what we're doing - I'm usually preparing lunch or feeding the baby, they're cleaning up and getting ready to move to the next thing.
The kids don't brush teeth here, mostly because my hours are shorter than the average day care and my kids do personal care at home.
Onawhim 08:58 AM 05-14-2015
Oh my! I stopped doing bathroom time and what a stressful time of done GONE!!! Ahh so much better lol
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 05-14-2015
Oh my! I stopped doing bathroom time and what a stressful time of done GONE!!! Ahh so much better lol

Tags:bathroom - issues
Reply Up