Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>open house
Scout 07:05 PM 08-26-2012
Do you think i would get any turnout if i do an open house ariund halloween? I wanted to open by oct 1 but still am not ready & have no kids. so i decided to push it back. i could do kids games & such while getting people to come see what i can offer. any thoughts?is this a terrible time of year to open? I can oly have 4 kids at any given time so i am not looking for a lot of families. thanks!
nanglgrl 07:20 PM 08-26-2012
In my area (and in many areas from what I see in the forums) families generally look for a new provider right before summer break, at the end of summer before school starts and during winter break. I still get a few calls here and there throughout the year but those times are when my phone never stops ringing. I don't know families change providers more during these times than others (at the end of this summer I had at least 15 calls and none were for school age). That said, there's no harm in doing an open house in October ( just don't do it to near Halloween as parents will be scrambling for costumes). Maybe if you include fall activities (paint a pumpkin, etc.) you can draw more people in.
Tags:open house
Reply Up