Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:07 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Non-Payment issue

I posted awhile back about a daycare parent that just did NOT pay on scheduled paydays... I actually had to shut down my daycare anyways due to some health issues at the end of October.

I had watched this kid August 27th-Oct 31st and only got paid for August 27th-Oct. 8th. My contract states weekly payments, but I was being generous with my payment policy due to the daycare parents hitting a tough patch. It's December 18th now, and after weeks of initiating contact on a payment plan from a month prior, I was told I would get half last Thursday, the other half her next payday. Figured it sucked, but was a way to get my money at least.

It's Monday, and of course, no payment has been made to me. I'm so freakin angry, I only have her e-mail to contact her right now, what should I write in the e-mail?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

I wouldn't email at all again, just file. It is a small fee (ours is $75) and a single piece of paper. You can charge them the $75 in the settlement.
Once they agree to pay, or don't show, you have the judgment on your side and can file for garnishment and other methods of getting your money.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

you dont have a current address?

I would write a short simple letter that states full payment is due by X date or further measures will be taken.

No more payment plans and accommodating and such. If you ever reopen your daycare, please always get full payment in advance. it is not your problem if families are having financial issues. you provide the service, you should get paid.