Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whiney Today
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:37 AM 12-04-2014
Me, not the kids!

I just want to say that I absolutely hate it when a DCK is sick, but they still bring the sibling. All I can think about is all the germs that are coming out with every breath they breathe. How defective of a parent do you have to be that you seriously can't handle both of your kids if one is sick? I KNOW it's easier to cart one off to daycare, I get it (I had 3 small children myself at one time but somehow managed), but obviously the provider and other DCKs are more likely to catch it than if sister stayed home with sickie.

Ok, rant over.

On the bright side, my fp lady asked me yesterday to help coordinate some training classes she is certified to teach. These are classes that the state newly required to be completed within the next few years for licensing, and I honestly felt like THAT would be my breaking point. They are expensive and time-consuming. She wants to do them for free for my fp members, or a small fee for non-members. So that's great! I hope it comes to fruitition (how is that spelled-I'm getting a red underline).
Onawhim 08:57 AM 12-04-2014
I have two dcfs that do the same thing and it drive me absolutely bonkers!!!! I want to stay healthy and the rest of my kids to stay healthy
hope 09:24 AM 12-04-2014
I had a family send their older sibling in the other week while dcd stayed home with baby. The baby had a stomach bug....i think it was noro. I asked that they make a wise and considerate choice and they sent the older sibling in so that she would not get sick from the baby. Well she got it anyway(over the weekend) and spread to another dcg who spread it to her whole family. I wish i could turn siblings away when other is sick bc parents only do whats best for them.
KIDZRMYBIZ 12:20 PM 12-04-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I had a family send their older sibling in the other week while dcd stayed home with baby. The baby had a stomach bug....i think it was noro. I asked that they make a wise and considerate choice and they sent the older sibling in so that she would not get sick from the baby. Well she got it anyway(over the weekend) and spread to another dcg who spread it to her whole family. I wish i could turn siblings away when other is sick bc parents only do whats best for them.
That's just exactly what they say every time: we thought we'd send sibling to daycare so they don't catch it from brother or sister. All I can do is inwardly roll my eyes. Not fooling anyone...they just want to make their life easier at our expense. What a ridiculous notion.
rosieteddy 03:23 PM 12-04-2014
So true they are paying us soooooo we get the child!
Reply Up