Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Productive Weekend!
Josiegirl 02:53 AM 04-20-2015
We've been trying to survive the mud season here; my backyard this year has been especially bad. But we're seeing the light at the end of the mucky tunnel. So I spent the weekend pulling out almost all our summer toys, and cleaning all the sand/mud out of my house. Now when I walk barefoot in the house I can feel a nice clean smooth floor. Yay!! I even washed my living room carpet and wow, talk about muddy waters. and I raked! Out in the glorious beautiful sunshine, got all the dirt, stones, old leaves...all gone.

Patting myself on ye ole back. Some difference from last weekend when I spent most of it sick in bed.

How was everybody's weekend here??
Onawhim 04:16 AM 04-20-2015
My weekend was less busy then normal. I did lots of cleaning on Saturday and some purging Sunday we ended Sunday evening with a chicken dinner!

I'm now prepping for a long 6 day work week followed by a one day weekend not looking forward to it.
nothingwithoutjoy 04:49 AM 04-20-2015
Congratulations! That must feel great. I worked my butt off last week until my whole body ached! Still have tons of yard clean-up left, but it's raining, so I've been given a reprieve.
Thriftylady 05:06 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
Congratulations! That must feel great. I worked my butt off last week until my whole body ached! Still have tons of yard clean-up left, but it's raining, so I've been given a reprieve.
It always feels great to feel productive. I had a different kind of productive weekend, but I did feel productive and it felt great!
Second Home 05:42 AM 04-20-2015
Glad to see others had productive weekends too .

Bought supplies to build the chicken coop .We built the new garden boxes , twice the size of my old one. Planted the veggies , mulched half of the flower beds .
And can't forget dress shopping with 2 teenagers for prom dresses . Lucky I survived that
LindseyA 05:42 AM 04-20-2015
Wow you got a lot accomplished! Yay! I got some more deep cleaning in the house done and mulched all the flower beds! It's amazing what a little mulch can do! I still have to rake the gravel back into the driveway (after plowing all winter) and I have to re-paint the front porch - (after shoveling all winter).. Note to self - - don't buy a house with a painted porch!
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 04-20-2015
Nice to hear/read about what great weekends everyone had!

Josie~ You rock! You got ALOT done!!

I wish I could say the same. ...but I lost two very important people in my life over the weekend so mine was not at all productive.

However, with Spring right around the corner my "to-do" list is growing by the minute!
Thriftylady 06:32 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I wish I could say the same. ...but I lost two very important people in my life over the weekend so mine was not at all productive.

However, with Spring right around the corner my "to-do" list is growing by the minute!
I am sorry to hear that BC. Hugs to you.
spud912 06:57 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I'm sorry about your friends .
Josiegirl 09:55 AM 04-20-2015
Oh No BC I'm also sorry to hear that.
Blackcat31 10:15 AM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am sorry to hear that BC. Hugs to you.
Originally Posted by spud912:
I'm sorry about your friends .
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Oh No BC I'm also sorry to hear that.
Thank you ladies

Josie...I'm sorry..I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

I am super happy to hear about how much stuff you got done over the weekend! It sounds like you have found your smile again with Spring arriving and with changing things up in your environment.
Reply Up