Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate Bio Color Paints?
Love it 2 100.00%
It is just ok 0 0%
Never again 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2021, 11:45 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,686
Default Bio Color

Once again I am looking at what may make my program a little more fun and easy to keep clean.

Tell me your opinion of and experiences with Bio Color Paints. Pretty please.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2021, 01:34 PM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 350
Default

Love these paints. The first thing I noticed is it doesn't have a strong odor like other paints. You can also purchase the additives to make puffy paint, window stickies ect.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2021, 07:16 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,198
Default

Iíve been curious about it, too! I usually buy the Colorations tempera, but it dries so dull and sometimes flaky, depending on the surface painted on. Hoping to see if Bio Color is worth the money.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2021, 07:45 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
Iíve been curious about it, too! I usually buy the Colorations tempera, but it dries so dull and sometimes flaky, depending on the surface painted on. Hoping to see if Bio Color is worth the money.
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
That is cool to know. Thanks!

Does it dry up if in the cabinet over a year? Can't decide whether to order by gallon or 16 ounce bottles. Usually I order in bulk but l can't image using 12 gallons (set of 12 colors) in a year with 6 kids, max.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2021, 08:51 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
That is cool to know. Thanks!

Does it dry up if in the cabinet over a year? Can't decide whether to order by gallon or 16 ounce bottles. Usually I order in bulk but l can't image using 12 gallons (set of 12 colors) in a year with 6 kids, max.
I have yet to find paint that doesn't dry up. I would go with the smaller bottles 😁
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2021, 10:44 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
I have yet to find paint that doesn't dry up. I would go with the smaller bottles ��
Ok. Point taken.

I do put a sheet of plastic under the cap to further the seal and life on our poster paints.

So, a more clear question: Does it separate and change into a slimy, smelly chemical that is no longer any recognizable color in under 12 months?

I will probably just stick with the small bottles.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2021, 11:39 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Ok. Point taken.

I do put a sheet of plastic under the cap to further the seal and life on our poster paints.

So, a more clear question: Does it separate and change into a slimy, smelly chemical that is no longer any recognizable color in under 12 months?

I will probably just stick with the small bottles.
I can't say for sure. I have only had my paints for a few months. Just going off the track record of other paints. Ta while. Seem to get funky after awhile.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
art supplies, art supplies - toddler, bio color paint, paint

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Color Blind? NiNi.R. Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 01-23-2020 07:34 AM
Paint color ideas? daycarediva Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 08-28-2017 11:23 AM
Playroom Paint Color? LittleScholars Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 32 09-25-2016 10:50 AM
Color Printing midaycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 08-08-2014 04:33 AM
How Can You Tell If A Child Is Color Blind? CedarCreek Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 06-17-2013 05:11 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming