Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate Bio Color Paints?
Love it 2 100.00%
It is just ok 0 0%
Never again 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2021, 11:45 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Bio Color

Once again I am looking at what may make my program a little more fun and easy to keep clean.

Tell me your opinion of and experiences with Bio Color Paints. Pretty please.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Love these paints. The first thing I noticed is it doesn't have a strong odor like other paints. You can also purchase the additives to make puffy paint, window stickies ect.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Iíve been curious about it, too! I usually buy the Colorations tempera, but it dries so dull and sometimes flaky, depending on the surface painted on. Hoping to see if Bio Color is worth the money.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:45 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
Iíve been curious about it, too! I usually buy the Colorations tempera, but it dries so dull and sometimes flaky, depending on the surface painted on. Hoping to see if Bio Color is worth the money.
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
The bio paint is really vibrant in comparison to other paints we've used in the past. Also, these paints are really fun to paint onto tin foil. The paint actually adheres.
That is cool to know. Thanks!

Does it dry up if in the cabinet over a year? Can't decide whether to order by gallon or 16 ounce bottles. Usually I order in bulk but l can't image using 12 gallons (set of 12 colors) in a year with 6 kids, max.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
That is cool to know. Thanks!

Does it dry up if in the cabinet over a year? Can't decide whether to order by gallon or 16 ounce bottles. Usually I order in bulk but l can't image using 12 gallons (set of 12 colors) in a year with 6 kids, max.
I have yet to find paint that doesn't dry up. I would go with the smaller bottles 😁
Old 01-14-2021, 09:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 01-14-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I have yet to find paint that doesn't dry up. I would go with the smaller bottles ��
Ok. Point taken.

I do put a sheet of plastic under the cap to further the seal and life on our poster paints.

So, a more clear question: Does it separate and change into a slimy, smelly chemical that is no longer any recognizable color in under 12 months?

I will probably just stick with the small bottles.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Ok. Point taken.

I do put a sheet of plastic under the cap to further the seal and life on our poster paints.

So, a more clear question: Does it separate and change into a slimy, smelly chemical that is no longer any recognizable color in under 12 months?

I will probably just stick with the small bottles.
I can't say for sure. I have only had my paints for a few months. Just going off the track record of other paints. Ta while. Seem to get funky after awhile.

Tags
art supplies, art supplies - toddler, bio color paint, paint