Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cheap Places to Order Art Supplies/Toys/Etc.
kpa0627 06:12 PM 07-08-2010
I know of discount school supply and oriental trading supply but are there any others that you know of that are descent priced art stuff and toys?
swaddlebees 06:22 PM 07-08-2010
now is the perfect time to get crayons, color pencils, markers etc with back to school sales-that is where i pick up most of that stuff for the year. I bought 2 packs of color pencils today for $1 each (crayola 12pks) and by sept all that stuff will be half price. I bought all my kids scissors and paper last year for about 10ct each.

Toys, depending on what you need check with friends, and craigslist. If you have a good craigslist you can get almost new toys for next to nothing.

I also got a TON of workbooks from dollar tree yesterday, they were the Benden Press (I think lol) ones, and I paid $9 for the EXACT same work books at michaels a few months back.
katie 07:14 PM 07-08-2010
Ditto on the Dollar Tree. I get coloring books, workbooks, flash cards, craft supplies, foam sheets, crayons, etc. They have a good school section now.
misol 07:27 AM 07-09-2010
Staples has some 1- cent specials this Sunday-Wednesday. Pencils, paper, and pocket folders to name a few. They also have items on sale for a $1 including packs of glue sticks, 2/pk kids scissors, higlighters, colored pencils, scotch tape, etc. This is where I will be come Sunday.
professionalmom 07:46 AM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Staples has some 1- cent specials this Sunday-Wednesday. Pencils, paper, and pocket folders to name a few. They also have items on sale for a $1 including packs of glue sticks, 2/pk kids scissors, higlighters, colored pencils, scotch tape, etc. This is where I will be come Sunday.
Thanks for the heads up. Guess where I'll be this Sunday?
WImom 01:58 PM 07-09-2010
So, is this the best time to buy school supplies or will they go cheaper still? I'm planning on stocking up but want to get the best price.
swaddlebees 03:07 PM 07-09-2010
About a month after school starts the "excess" will get clearenced out, I bought a TON last year 90% off at target like a 5pk of spiral notebooks for .20 packs of fiskars scissors for .25 hiliters .40 etc...when it gets closer to school starting they will run sales, like the crayola 20 pk crayons will be .20 a pk, i usually get 10-20 packs, folders will be 10cent or so each (i bought 20pks of folders for $1 last year)

Target had the dollar spot stuff from summer for 50% today, i got a bunch of summer toys and sand toys and some workbooks
Julieb 11:09 AM 07-12-2010
You can also go to www.dollartree.com and order in large quantities if you need to.
MarinaVanessa 11:49 AM 07-12-2010
These are all the best places and ideas to check first. If there are specific school supplies you need for daycare you can try "Really Good Stuff". They have lots of supplies but have to pay for shipping. I think finding things on craigslist and discount stores is your best bet.
JenNJ 11:53 AM 07-12-2010
I also go to Dollar Tree. AC Moore often has $1 craft kits and art supplies onthe end caps. Same with Joann Fabrics.
Tags:cheap toys, toys for sale
Reply Up