Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Two W-10's Or Just One?
Shell 04:36 AM 10-07-2013
I have a family (2 children) that will be leaving by the end of the week, and I would like to have their tax forms ready to go, so there are no loose ends.

I believe that the childcare credit deduction applies only if $3000 has been met per child, is that correct? Well, this family will have only met the $3000 mark between 2 children, and I am wondering if I only need to fill out only one w-10, or should I break it up into 2 w-10's and divide the amount paid, so each form represents $1500? Does it matter?

Thanks for any advice!
Angelsj 05:00 AM 10-07-2013
You should have the amounts figured per child, but I don't believe you need separate w10s, just note the amount per child. These are voluntary forms, so you can fill them out how you like.
However, any amount of child care is deductible. You won't get the maximum back until you reach the limit, but you will get something. (Well, they will)
Shell 11:12 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
You should have the amounts figured per child, but I don't believe you need separate w10s, just note the amount per child. These are voluntary forms, so you can fill them out how you like.
However, any amount of child care is deductible. You won't get the maximum back until you reach the limit, but you will get something. (Well, they will)
Thanks for the info!
Unregistered 12:42 PM 10-07-2013
I give one form one total per family, if they loose it and ask for a copy in January then its a charge of $ 20.00
TomCopeland 04:57 PM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
Thanks for the info!
Angelsj is correct.
Shell 05:01 PM 10-07-2013
Thank you, Tom!
Tags:w-10
Reply Up