Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Child Care Provider

Default Updating Contracts for 2013

For those of you who like to be really professional in writing, I need help. I am updating my contract for 2013 and currently have this at the bottom of each page.

" 2012 MY FULL NAME HERE
To reproduce this document you must receive written permission in advance from MY FULL NAME HERE."

Does 2012 mean the year I opened (which I did) OR the year I updated OR the year it is meant for?

I'm wondering if I should change it to 2013 because it is effective in January. OR should I make everything effective Monday December 31st since I am open that day anyways????

THANKS
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

My understanding is that is when it was written...I would leave it the original year and may do something like this:

Revised 2013 Contract

@ 2012 Full Name
To reproduce blah blah blah

It seems confusing now but 2 years from now it won't be...and sorry, i can't do one of those 'c' circle things!

or put the revised 2013 contract line in a 'footer'
Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Family Childcare Home

I do what Jen does. The copyright dates is the date that your copyright started (the date you first created your handbook) and is pretty much just to remind others that they can't copy or steal it but technically anything that you write is copyrighted already.

Mine looks similar to Jen's except that since I give out new copies each year in December I include the following year as well. Mine looks like this:

2009-2013 By Marina [LastName] ~ [DaycareName]

Last Updated: December 2012
Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Child Care Provider

I had my first children all start in January 2012 yet I wrote it in 2011. Maybe I need to put 2011-2013 and if I have that it's good enough to know if it's revised. I have it so detailed yet de-fluffed that I rarely need to change anything. I'm doing it now to hand out next week to families as I'm giving myself one more vacation day for 2013 so they have a new contract as well. I'm a little nervous about it, but I guess I will give it out with a short newsletter next week and hope all goes well. I shouldn't have any complaints as everyone's rate is staying the same.

Tags
contracts, legal