Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>13 mo old Separation Issue
Unregistered 11:16 AM 06-21-2012
I have a 13 mo old dck who cries anytime anyone new comes into the house. My MIL, my own mom, my fp lady, a friend etc. Not infant/toddler cry. Blood curdling cry until the person leaves. NO JOKE. She doesn't give it up even for one second. Mom and dad tell me she does this with EVERYONE besides mom, dad, and me. Even her own grandma- for hours mom says.

In a month and a half I have two training days. I have a scheduled sub. WWYD?

I do not want to make my sub listen to that all day. I fear she wouldn't come back (I wouldnt If I had to listen to that). I don't want this dcg that stressed out all day either, or my other kids/dck.

Do I tell mom this dcg needs to make other arrangements and im not crediting her since I am already paying a sub OR do I let her come and make the sub send her home after she has screamed for *** long? Anyone have other ideas? She is a very good baby otherwise.
Blackcat31 11:48 AM 06-21-2012
Can you invite your sub into the daycare and have her get to know this little gal in preparation for your absence and her presence since there is a few weeks before you have to be gone?
cheerfuldom 12:10 PM 06-21-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a 13 mo old dck who cries anytime anyone new comes into the house. My MIL, my own mom, my fp lady, a friend etc. Not infant/toddler cry. Blood curdling cry until the person leaves. NO JOKE. She doesn't give it up even for one second. Mom and dad tell me she does this with EVERYONE besides mom, dad, and me. Even her own grandma- for hours mom says.

In a month and a half I have two training days. I have a scheduled sub. WWYD?

I do not want to make my sub listen to that all day. I fear she wouldn't come back (I wouldnt If I had to listen to that). I don't want this dcg that stressed out all day either, or my other kids/dck.

Do I tell mom this dcg needs to make other arrangements and im not crediting her since I am already paying a sub OR do I let her come and make the sub send her home after she has screamed for *** long? Anyone have other ideas? She is a very good baby otherwise.
If she is really that upset on those particular days with the sub, I would send her home. Really, you should discuss the issue with the parent and let them have the choice of planning for her to be home those days. Or at least give them a heads up that this may happen.
Tags:infant - crying, separation anxiety
Reply Up