Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>is it Weird/Shady/Inappropriate?
KristinsHomeCC 09:00 AM 03-10-2016
I live in a pretty rural area and am having a hard time finding a back up care sub. To come cover me for doc appts, sick etc.

If anyone has been on Care dot com, you know it costs a pretty penny to be able to contact someone. Is it weird to find them on Facebook and to contact them through there instead of paying the website??

I am all for them making the money. Im just having a hard time deciding ethically if that is OK to do..or if it would seem weird on the other end.

Thoughts?
Thriftylady 09:04 AM 03-10-2016
Why would it be any different than when we advertise on Facebook to fill spots? Locally, we have a group just for companies looking to hire and people looking for jobs. Maybe you can start a local group for people who sub and daycares who need a sub?
Unregistered 09:45 AM 03-10-2016
Our police department advertises on facebook! Hope that helps
CalCare 10:30 AM 03-10-2016
On the contrary- I find care.com extremely shady! I wouldn't feel bad going around them getting paid at all. When I signed up with my info once (like 8 years ago maybe different now), all the responses I was getting were clearly fake. There would be the same descriptions of families for jobs in different far away cities/areas. Sometimes there'd be different writing with the same family's pictures, sometimes there's be the same exact writing (that the alleged hiring family wrote) but they'd be in a different city or with different family photos. Super shady. My guess is that they fill it out more with fake jobs and profiles to make it seem more useful- as if there were a lot of people using it when there were really much, much less.
MsLisa 01:33 PM 03-10-2016
Originally Posted by CalCare:
On the contrary- I find care.com extremely shady! I wouldn't feel bad going around them getting paid at all. When I signed up with my info once (like 8 years ago maybe different now), all the responses I was getting were clearly fake. There would be the same descriptions of families for jobs in different far away cities/areas. Sometimes there'd be different writing with the same family's pictures, sometimes there's be the same exact writing (that the alleged hiring family wrote) but they'd be in a different city or with different family photos. Super shady. My guess is that they fill it out more with fake jobs and profiles to make it seem more useful- as if there were a lot of people using it when there were really much, much less.
THIS!!
I'm on there. Besides the occasional obvious fakes like CalCare mentioned, I must have responded to 15 ads looking for care. Not a single word back. So I’m starting to believe that they are all fake ads to get people to sign up. OR parents put up the ad for free and then realize they need to PAY to answer, which is horse sh*t, and they leave. It's incredibly frustrating and the site is well hated on its own FB page.

BUT ANYWAY! Contact them on FB! I don't see anything wrong with it.
Tags:assistant - backup, back up care, substitute
Reply Up