Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper Changing w/o Table
MunchkinWrangler 07:03 AM 06-08-2016
What does everyone use to change on the floor? Does every child have a separate one or do you sanitize in between? I'm still going to use my table but it is hard to use it every time. Any tips would be appreciated.
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
What does everyone use to change on the floor? Does every child have a separate one or do you sanitize in between? I'm still going to use my table but it is hard to use it every time. Any tips would be appreciated.
I use a Kinder mat on the floor.

I keep a container of wipes and a small bottle of antibacterial spray (or bleach mixture) near and just spray and wipe in between kids.

Super simple and no lifting heavy kids or risk of them falling.
sharlan 07:09 AM 06-08-2016
I have a stack of hand towels that I lay on the carpet for diaper changes.
Second Home 07:22 AM 06-08-2016
I use a vinyl changing table pad on the floor and just spray it with bleach/water between uses .
MunchkinWrangler 07:24 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I use a Kinder mat on the floor.

I keep a container of wipes and a small bottle of antibacterial spray (or bleach mixture) near and just spray and wipe in between kids.

Super simple and no lifting heavy kids or risk of them falling.
With licensing do you have to specify that you're using it for diaper changes? Do you have any issues with the folds? It looks like it has folds, or does it lie pretty flat?
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 06-08-2016
With licensing do you have to specify that you're using it for diaper changes? Do you have any issues with the folds? It looks like it has folds, or does it lie pretty flat?
No issues with licensing.

I just grab a mat off the pile and as long as it's wiped in between uses my licensor has never said a word about it.

Yes, it does lay pretty flat and I've never had issues with the creases....if someone had a really bad diaper and I could see it was going to get everywhere, I just put a "pad" of paper towels under them first.
Ariana 08:13 AM 06-08-2016
I am legally unlicensed but I sometimes use a towel and just throw it in the laundry but most of the time I use the rubber inflated change mat from Ikea. It came with the change table that I now use as a shelf! I also change them in the bathroom where we have vinyl flooring and easy access to diapers, wipes, creams, gloves and cleaning supplies.

I am sure any vinyl or plastic mat would do.
BrynleeJean 08:16 AM 06-08-2016
I use a changing mat I got from my local baby store, I don't put changing pads on it because it is that washable material. I keep this in the bath tub (it's a tub we don't use) in the bathroom that I do the diaper changes and lay it on the floor in the bathroom when I do my changing.

I also keep a bleach mixture in a spray bottle and paper towels under the bathroom sink for sanitizing.
Unregistered 08:38 AM 06-08-2016
I use a portable changing mat that folds. Spray snd wipe between uses. I found it on Amazon for $8
Leigh 09:11 AM 06-08-2016
I use waxed paper sheets and use them on the floor. I am not required by licensing to sanitize when I use something disposable, so I no longer use bleach to clean up, but just spray with a multi-purpose cleaner/disinfectant on the hard floor when I'm done.
lovemydaycare0912 09:12 AM 06-08-2016
I have a diaper changing table I got from Ikea but I now use it for storage. I have a vinyl diaper changing mat I use from Walmart. Once upon a time, it had safety clip to strap them in but my dcks destroyed that.
MunchkinWrangler 10:37 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I have a stack of hand towels that I lay on the carpet for diaper changes.
I've used a blanket for the baby but know licensing would have a field day with that, even if it's just #1.
MunchkinWrangler 10:39 AM 06-08-2016
No issues with licensing.

I just grab a mat off the pile and as long as it's wiped in between uses my licensor has never said a word about it.

Yes, it does lay pretty flat and I've never had issues with the creases....if someone had a really bad diaper and I could see it was going to get everywhere, I just put a "pad" of paper towels under them first.
I like it and will probably use it. I have the mesh cots at the moment but was thinking it might be easier to have the nap mats. The kids seem comfortable but, you know, options for the really little ones.
MunchkinWrangler 10:40 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
I have a diaper changing table I got from Ikea but I now use it for storage. I have a vinyl diaper changing mat I use from Walmart. Once upon a time, it had safety clip to strap them in but my dcks destroyed that.
I mainly use mine for storage. I hate having to stop everyone because one diaper needs to be changed at the moment. I want ease of use and accessibility.
MunchkinWrangler 10:42 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I use waxed paper sheets and use them on the floor. I am not required by licensing to sanitize when I use something disposable, so I no longer use bleach to clean up, but just spray with a multi-purpose cleaner/disinfectant on the hard floor when I'm done.
I used to use the munchkin disposable changing sheets for my son, but I could reuse them until a mess happened. I can use them for daycare but that would get expensive quickly.
MunchkinWrangler 10:42 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I use a portable changing mat that folds. Spray snd wipe between uses. I found it on Amazon for $8
Ooo, I'm going to look that up. That sounds awesome!
MunchkinWrangler 10:44 AM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am legally unlicensed but I sometimes use a towel and just throw it in the laundry but most of the time I use the rubber inflated change mat from Ikea. It came with the change table that I now use as a shelf! I also change them in the bathroom where we have vinyl flooring and easy access to diapers, wipes, creams, gloves and cleaning supplies.

I am sure any vinyl or plastic mat would do.
I am searching for one, even just a changing table one but for some reason, I can't find the cheapo vinyl mats. Everything is so expensive and I already am having to replace the one for the changing table. I might have to do a road trip and drive around.
Blackcat31 11:22 AM 06-08-2016
I am searching for one, even just a changing table one but for some reason, I can't find the cheapo vinyl mats. Everything is so expensive and I already am having to replace the one for the changing table. I might have to do a road trip and drive around.
https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant...s=changing+mat

Just buy something like that ^^
MunchkinWrangler 11:37 AM 06-08-2016

Ordering a couple now!
NillaWafers 11:42 AM 06-08-2016

That's what I use. In the perfect world it would be a tad bit bigger but it does the job
Leigh 12:09 PM 06-08-2016
I used to use the munchkin disposable changing sheets for my son, but I could reuse them until a mess happened. I can use them for daycare but that would get expensive quickly.
I can't find those anymore! I love having those for my foster babies when we're out and about!
MunchkinWrangler 12:28 PM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I can't find those anymore! I love having those for my foster babies when we're out and about!
I loved them too! My ds always peed when I changed him when he was a little baby. I haven't seen them in a while either!
Thriftylady 02:18 PM 06-08-2016
Each one has their own changing pad here that stays in their cubby. I don't have any in diapers right now though.
Unregistered 03:24 PM 06-08-2016
Kinder pad here too. I have one that is only used for diaper changes.
Shawn 08:09 AM 06-10-2016
I use a sheet of that fake leather from the fabric store. It was cheap. Easy to clean. Last for years. I did use it on my changing station but I moved and no-longer have the space for a full changing table. So I just roll it out on the floor, use it, clean it and hang it over the shower door to dry.
Reply Up