Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sticking Food Up Nose
Jo123ABC 06:21 AM 05-03-2019
I have a 23 mo dcb who puts food up his nose almost every day. It drives me crazy! Yesterday he stuck a small soggy cracker up there and sneezed like crazy until it flew out. This morning he's trying to stick little apple bites up there but I'm watching him like a hawk. In the past he's even tried to stuff corn in his ears. Any advice on how to get him to stop?
Josiegirl 09:39 AM 05-03-2019
Watching him like a hawk until he outgrows it? I have no ideas really. I have had dcks do that too but not very often. One dck cried because they put apple pieces up there and it must've hurt.
Ariana 09:53 AM 05-03-2019
Watching like a hawk and constant checking! We had a kid like this in the centre and he had paper towel stuffed up there. Must have been up there for weeks because it started to smell and his mom took him to the DR to figure out why. The DR then told her a story of another kid who stuck a bean up his nose and it sprouted and made roots in his sinuses

Scary stuff!! We watched that kid like a hawk and had to do continual checks of his nostrils.
lovemykidstoo 10:25 AM 05-03-2019
Oh my gosh I am lucky I've never had that. My son was 2 or 3 and stuck a small pebble up his nose once. It got stuck and we couldnt' get it out. We told him we had to take him to the ER to get it out and he got scared and cried so hard it lubricated it and it fell out lmao He never did that again haha
Jupadia 01:29 PM 05-03-2019
Wish I'd had advise, but the ones I know that done it have stuck with one time.

-My brother age 6, raisins up nose during a tornadoe, mom had to remove with twizzlers cause was effecting his breathing and could not leave for doctor at time
- other brother age 3, peas up nose one for each. Got him to eventually blow out.
- son age 4, small Lego up nose I removed with tweezers, while waiting for husband to get here. Tried cause it was hurting him.

Thankfully my dks dont do this.
Baby Beluga 03:20 PM 05-03-2019
Yikes! No advice

What do the parents do at home when he does it?
Josiegirl 02:20 AM 05-04-2019
Sprouting beans?? OMG that is so gross! If kids only knew.
Mom2Two 01:35 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
The DR then told her a story of another kid who stuck a bean up his nose and it sprouted and made roots in his sinuses
Oh my gosh, that sounds like something from a horror movie! Ewwwww gross!
Tags:odd behavior, puts food in nose
Reply Up