Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Gate
MommyMuffin 12:19 PM 09-26-2010
I am looking for a gate for the top of the stairs, it must be mountable. I had a really hard time finding one to fit in the first place and then now a year later it has been recalled and the hardware they sent to repair it does not work at the top of my stairs. The top of my stairs is a little bit wider than your average baby gate goes. I looked on babies r us and all they have are pressure gates. Any ideas? Price is not a factor.
AmandasFCC 12:28 PM 09-26-2010
I have "Safety 1st" gates on my stairs. They expand to be quite wide, and they are mountable OR pressure-fitted.

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Lif...=ibabystore-20
Francine 03:52 AM 09-27-2010
www.retractagate.com I use this at the bottom of my steps, it is wonderful!
MommyMuffin 06:36 AM 09-27-2010
Miss Joy,
The gate looks great, I think I will get one. I have a few strong 2 year olds and on the website it says it holds 200lbs, have you found it to be sturdy against strong boys? I just am a safety nut!
Francine 06:52 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Miss Joy,
The gate looks great, I think I will get one. I have a few strong 2 year olds and on the website it says it holds 200lbs, have you found it to be sturdy against strong boys? I just am a safety nut!
I don't know about 200lbs but I have a 15 months old that weighs about 35 and it holds up against him leaning on it. I love it! I can't remember who on the forum told me about it but it's a blessing.
DCMomOf3 09:06 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
www.retractagate.com I use this at the bottom of my steps, it is wonderful!
I have a friend who uses this and I love it.
kimsdaycare 02:57 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
I can't remember who on the forum told me about it but it's a blessing.
That was me, I was wondering how you made out! I was about to recommend them again because I love mine so much
Michael 03:05 PM 09-27-2010
Another thread on gates with pictures: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14997
Tags:gates
Reply Up