Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Receipt Book?
KEG123 07:42 AM 01-05-2011
Is this how you keep track of payments from parents? Or do you have another method you use? If you do use a receipt book,which one do you use? Where do you get it? How long does one book last you? Do you only give them to parents who pay in cash, or to everyone even if its check or money order?
Blackcat31 07:48 AM 01-05-2011
I use the receipts I print off of MMK software, but I have purchased the receipt books from Wal-mart that are just general duplicate receipts and they are 2 3/4 "x 4 1/2" each with 4 per page. It depends on how often a parent pays when determining how long the book lasts....I usually only do this if someone requests it immediately and I don't have time to print one off from MMK, otherwise I use the MMK one and most people pay with checks or money orders. Very rarely does someone pay in cash.
KEG123 07:50 AM 01-05-2011
I'm undecided if I'm going to use MMK from the get go. I'll probably have to wait to purchase it because I'll be broke until I get some kids lined up here... so I'm trying to see what all things I need basically.
Cat Herder 07:56 AM 01-05-2011
I LOVE Minute Menu.

Before that I simply made notations on a calendar, typed it into word documents weekly, then printed it off at the end of the year.

AKA: Redneck Excel.
AnythingsPossible 07:58 AM 01-05-2011
I have always just kept track in my calendar. When they pay, I write it down in the notes section of my calendar for the month. When I've been on the food program they provide a calendar for tracking times and expenses, but the years I haven't been on the food program I have just purchased a larger planner and used it for all my bookkeeping. There are generally 2 areas, one monthly calendar and then weekly spaces, I record payments and other information on the monthly calendar then do attendance and meals on the weekly spaces. I have never purchased software for daycare purposes. I am very much a pencil and paper kind of girl. I have tried to set up programs on the computer, but for me, writing it down just works better. I stay more organized that way.
KEG123 08:01 AM 01-05-2011
I have the redleaf press 2011 calander keeper, so I'm fairly confident I can do it without minute menu. I will probably get it, like I said, once I have a bit more income coming in.

You guys have reminded me, I need to call the food program lady back. woops!
alyssyn 08:22 AM 01-05-2011
I use the receipt book from Wal-Mart. Cash or check, I give them a receipt.
Greenshadow 08:26 AM 01-05-2011
I use the receipt book from walmart too. I dont give receipts because all of my parents pay with a check and have told me they dont need one. I do write a receipt out everytime though and save it in my book so I can use it to tally up what they've paid me over the year to do up their tax paperwork, and my own, at the end of the year. I have tried using Minute Menu and Im on the computer enough as it is. I just dont ever seem to make the time to sit down and type it all in. My computer is upstairs and out of the way so to me, writing it in the book is immediate and just works better for me. One book lasts me over a year. I have three families in my care for a total of five kids.
SandeeAR 09:45 AM 01-05-2011
Two pay by Check, one by cash (by choice). I don't give weekly receipts. I copy everything, including the cash, place in my file. I also put everything in an excel file, by child. Parents got their 2010 copy of payment Tuesday, Jan 4th.
E Daycare 10:02 AM 01-05-2011
I use Redleaf calendar also and bought the carbon copy receipts from them also. I give out the receipts every week and at the end of the year I print up a excel sheet for them to have for their records as I know they probably aren't as organized and keep all of their copies. So far I havent had any issues.
WImom 11:12 AM 01-05-2011
I use a receipt book I got from walmart. I use it for everyone (cash or check).
AmandasFCC 11:13 AM 01-05-2011
I have a receipt book, to give receipts to parents, and I track all payments, expenses, etc. in a spreadsheet as well on my computer.
DanceMom 12:16 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by alyssyn:
I use the receipt book from Wal-Mart. Cash or check, I give them a receipt.

I use this too - has carbon copies so its nice to tear off theirs and mine stays in the book - one book lasts me about a year.

Im finding I am ALWAYS running out of printer ink so Id much rather use this book than print anything off.
KEG123 12:19 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by DanceMom:
I use this too - has carbon copies so its nice to tear off theirs and mine stays in the book - one book lasts me about a year.

Im finding I am ALWAYS running out of printer ink so Id much rather use this book than print anything off.
Thats what I was thinking. I'm almost out of ink right now so have really been frugal with printer ink! It's so expensive!

I see at Sam's Club website, they've got a book of recipts 1.88 with free shipping?! Gotta rub my eyes and look again. lol

eta: Maybe its a members only price. Forgot you had to have a membership there. I bet walmart has the exact same ones, almost the same price. Off to look.
Tags:receipts
Reply Up