Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising On Halloween Night In Trick Or Treat Candy
daycare 08:20 PM 10-03-2011
Hi guys,
Several of you have suggest handing out my advertisement with trick or treat candy. I have a few ideas of how to add my little mini flier I made to the candy that will be handed out.

Can you share with me how you did it?
Thanks so much.
DaycareMama 08:29 PM 10-03-2011
I printed up labels and filled little zip lock baggies with a small chocolate and something healthy. Attached the label to the bag and done. I figured (A) moms would check the bags before kids ate it or (B) Moms would pick bag up off the floor after kids ate it.

If you want to do a mini flier what if you rolled it up like a little treasure map and tied it with black ribbon and put it in a little bag with gold coins?
daycare 08:31 PM 10-03-2011
Oh that's a great idea. Did you print the labels yourself?
DaycareMama 08:37 PM 10-03-2011
I did. Very quick and easy. I did a small pumpkin, my daycare name, address, phone number and a little blurb like " from our family to yours Happy Halloween"

Got the white labels from walmart and the ink I kept minimal choosing a little graphic.
mom2many 09:01 PM 10-03-2011
My spots are filled, but this is such an awesome idea! I must remember this!
Abigail 09:55 PM 10-03-2011
What is on your mini flyer? I'm just opening and I think come November I'll be available to quit my daycare job and do full time from home. I plan on making business cards on my own printer and handing them out in a bag with a piece of candy and either stickers or erasers or pencils, etc to avoid the high candy costs.

I was thinking of keeping it basic and having my daycare name on it with my daycare phone number and daycare email for contact. I don't want my address on it and when they call they can always ask for it. What else should I put on my business card?

I'll offer part time and full time for all ages opening early. I'm not sure how much I can place on a business card without it looking too small. Please share your ideas.
daycare 10:10 PM 10-03-2011
It's late here now. I'll send you the flier I created. Pm me your email address
You can tell me what's wrong with it... Lol
Gigi 12:17 AM 10-04-2011
The small map included is a great idea for trick or treating. Pretty sure the parents will open it when they sort through their goodies.

You may also want to include a "discount" or a free day, when they present the map for registering their kids too...
Kaddidle Care 04:49 AM 10-04-2011
That's a WONDERFUL idea! Thank you!
godiva83 05:11 AM 10-04-2011
Awesome idea!!
I am full- but it is still a great way to get your name out!!
You gals are just so clever
MommyMuffin 05:24 AM 10-04-2011
I did this last year. I punched a hole in my buisness card and tied it around a little baggie of candy. I think doing a sheet of paper advertisement with a coupon or discount is a great idea.
SilverSabre25 06:15 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
What is on your mini flyer? I'm just opening and I think come November I'll be available to quit my daycare job and do full time from home. I plan on making business cards on my own printer and handing them out in a bag with a piece of candy and either stickers or erasers or pencils, etc to avoid the high candy costs.

I was thinking of keeping it basic and having my daycare name on it with my daycare phone number and daycare email for contact. I don't want my address on it and when they call they can always ask for it. What else should I put on my business card?

I'll offer part time and full time for all ages opening early. I'm not sure how much I can place on a business card without it looking too small. Please share your ideas.
If you're not putting your address, how about your major landmarks (nearest major intersection, etc). On my CL ads I always put "Zip code, off of [major road 1] between [major highway 2] and [major road 3]" GRANTED, some yahoos STILL can't figure out where I am ("Are your north or south of [highway]?" "I'm between [highway and road], so south of [hwy] and north of [road]." "Okay. But are you north or south of [hwy]? What about [road]?")

Also--why don't you order cards from vistaprint? They're really cheap.
Springdaze 06:43 AM 10-04-2011
i would love to do that, but no one comes to our house! Maybe I could have a client or a friend put them in with their stuff if I buy the candy? HMMMMMMM>>>>>
Ariana 07:45 AM 10-04-2011
This is such a cool idea!! Does it actually work.
DaycareMama 08:57 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
This is such a cool idea!! Does it actually work.
I handed out 102 bags last year and enrolled 3 kids just from those
daycare 09:10 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I handed out 102 bags last year and enrolled 3 kids just from those
Love to hear this!! thats great...Ok so share how you prepared yours please!!
DaycareMama 09:35 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Love to hear this!! thats great...Ok so share how you prepared yours please!!
Gladly

Other then what I posted on top of this thread (bag's with labels for mom to find) I also went to our local elementary school and handed out bags at their Trunk or Treat. Decorated my cars trunk very kid friendly, dressed my self up as a puppy (all I had). At the trunk or treat we handed out alot of bags. Some where around 300. BUT all enrolled came from the treats I handed out at the house oddly enough.

A good idea would be if your daycare has a seperate door use that door so families can see a little peak inside just your daycare. If that door is around back you can make a little path for the kids to follow leading up to you.

We kept the cost very low by ordering items from oriental trading company that came in huge bulk for minimal money. The trunk or treat items include mini coloring books, crayons and a pencil. Oriential Trading has Codes for discounts right now. We waited till the last minute to do the bags so that we saved more
Tags:advertising, advertising on halloween, halloween
Reply Up