Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Handle This?
KAWISTA9 01:21 PM 11-24-2011
I just started a 9 month old baby girl...she is sweet and can go a long time without crying but she is randomn and you just never know when she is going to cry all of a sudden. I have her today. It is just her and my son. Well my son was napping and she was sitting in a chair taking her bottle. She unscrewed the bottom portion and made a mess. So, I cleaned her up. I brought her to my infant/son's room and cleaned her. So everytime I left the room she screamed and screamed. I would have brought her into the living room where I was cleaning but I knew that she would randomnly cry because seeing me wasn't good enough! This is not particularly annoying, but she is loud and she can go for a long time. I have two 4 month olds who come and they were diff. in the beginning but they have already gotten accustomed to me and do not freak out when I leave. There is not much crying. I am not sure if I should let her cry...well i know she is old enough but she can go for a long time. I do not want to avoid her for long hours just so I can fix her! But I do not like the randomn spazzing!!! How should I handle this long term? I need her to not spaz randomnly!!! I clean during their naps and I would hate to have her in the room where everyone else is and have her to wake them up...
AnneCordelia 02:11 PM 11-24-2011
I don't think that the 4mos not crying when you leave has to do with them being used to you, per se. I think it's just that the 9mo is experiencing seperation anxiety...and when the 4mos are that age they will likely experience it too. It's very common from 9-15 months, from what I understand.

Does she still get upset if you sing a song when you leave the room, so she can still hear you?
KAWISTA9 05:24 PM 11-24-2011
She loves music...but I did not try that...I will try it. Yesterday was pretty bad but later in the day today, she was much better! Thanks
Breezy 09:04 PM 11-24-2011
Separation anxiety for sure. My 9 month old ds is the same way.
Tags:separation anxiety
Reply Up