Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update-What Would You Do Concerning School
Country Kids 11:46 AM 05-16-2012
I have wrote an e-mail to the principal and will see what she says.

Also, received an e-mail back from the teacher. She said that the place where we having the fieldtrip at has so many schools there that day that the place begged them to please change to the next day because hardly anyone signed up for that day!

You mean to tell me that they had a choice and picked Thursday over Friday to do a fieldtrip. Anyone knows kids would rather do a Friday field trip, parents too then a Thursday one. I would have just taken the whole day off then and spent the morning with him and the afternoon doing my daughters graduation party preperations! AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH

OK, I'm done
Country Kids 06:39 PM 05-16-2012
Talked to the principal this evening. She said she was very sorry about all this and understood where I was coming from but each and everytime there was certainly a valid reason for moving the events!

Then talking about this fieldtrip for this month. I said you know alot of parents probably won't be able to change their time off at the last minute so what will they do for help. The principal said "its not last minute, its still two weeks away!" Seriously! I don't know many employers who let you put in for time off then change it around. That just infuriated me! UUUUHHHHH!

OK, I'm done venting and now moving on to the next crisis-world peace!
cheerfuldom 06:44 PM 05-16-2012
I'm sorry, that is very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is the nature of a lot of schools. Somebody has to make the decision, things come up and no matter what they do, there will be some parents that just don't like it. Also, there are a lot of working parents that just don't even try to make these type of events. I would imagine that you are actually in the minority of working parents trying to stay involved. I am not saying that to bad mouth working parents but like you said, they don't have the flexibility (and some dont have the desire) to be involved. It is normally the SAHMs that do all the chaperoning and they are more flexible. It sucks to work from home sometimes.
Reply Up