Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Many Interviews All Of A Sudden
grateday 06:37 AM 08-09-2013
All of a sudden I have many interviews in one week and I am tired. I had a new mom with an infant........Ok, she made me feel awful about me from the get go because she came in and started trashing on a center because there was a hotwheel in the infant room. I wish I could have booted her out then. I have an open facility in my home and sometimes those things happen here too. I also let her know that children sometimes bring stuff from home that they should not. She said the daycare center was disorganized. She also came on a whim over here with no notice to me whatsoever. My kids are two and still learning how to pick up and I have other responsibilities like taking care of them. My priorities here are the kids and myself. I want to make sure they are well rounded, happy, and free. I have a special needs child too so my daycare is arranged in a way that might not make sense to her. By her being here, she was a drain and my own son did not like her from the get go. It was funny, he would not say bye. He can tell who is friendly and will socialize with those kind of people.
Blackcat31 06:57 AM 08-09-2013
It's nice that you have so many interviews.....unless you have no open spaces...

That mom sounds like she is simply not a good fit for your program so hopefully, she won't be calling looking to enroll.

I agree about your DS...sometimes kids are the best as picking up subtle clues about other people and their intuition is often spot on.

I'm sorry she made you feel bad. I wouldn't let her attitude get to you. Sounds like she is the one with an attitude....
MyAngels 07:05 AM 08-09-2013
I'd say with that attitude she's going to have a tough time finding a daycare provider. Don't let it bother you, I think we've all had that type of interview at one time or another .
Unregistered 08:01 PM 08-09-2013
Originally Posted by grateday:
All of a sudden I have many interviews in one week and I am tired. I had a new mom with an infant........Ok, she made me feel awful about me from the get go because she came in and started trashing on a center because there was a hotwheel in the infant room. I wish I could have booted her out then. I have an open facility in my home and sometimes those things happen here too. I also let her know that children sometimes bring stuff from home that they should not. She said the daycare center was disorganized. She also came on a whim over here with no notice to me whatsoever. My kids are two and still learning how to pick up and I have other responsibilities like taking care of them. My priorities here are the kids and myself. I want to make sure they are well rounded, happy, and free. I have a special needs child too so my daycare is arranged in a way that might not make sense to her. By her being here, she was a drain and my own son did not like her from the get go. It was funny, he would not say bye. He can tell who is friendly and will socialize with those kind of people.
I would have told her right when she made the first comment the way she did that you weren't feeling it and let her go.

I had a potential dcm walk in unexpectedly for an interview and saw our dog, who was not even bothering her, but barked. She muttered something I couldn't hear under her breath, and I said "I'm sorry, I didn't hear?" And she said "Oh, beautiful dog!" But something in her voice didn't sound like she really liked her. Then she didn't like the layout of my house. We never made it down the stairs I said "You know, you commented about my dog before you told me she was pretty and then about my layout. I don't think we'll be a great fit, but thank you for stopping by" and showed her the door. If they're going to be RIDICULOUS about how the LAYOUT of your house is, that is just stupid! Especially since my daycare was on the bottom floor and solely dedicated to the children: You'd think she'd appreciate that.
Familycare71 08:24 PM 08-09-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I'd say with that attitude she's going to have a tough time finding a daycare provider. Don't let it bother you, I think we've all had that type of interview at one time or another .
Amen! Comes with the job... The great thing tho is you are getting lots of calls . Choices are a great thing!
Angelsj 06:30 AM 08-10-2013
I think some people are just looking for something to complain about. Maybe they don't REALLY want the child in daycare and someone is pushing them?

I once had a lady with one two year old do something similar. Her complaints were a living room that was "set up for adults." The only thing "adult" in there is stuff on a mantle out of reach of the kids, and none of which is overly important to me, and an entertainment center below the tv, most of which is actually used by the kids from time to time, but rarely used by any adults in the house. Everything else, including a large wide open area rug, is kid based.

The other complaint was that my house was "too small." Made me seriously wonder how large their home was for them and their little boy, since mine is over 3000 sq ft with 2200 plus actually available to the kids. Weird.
Josiegirl 09:55 AM 08-10-2013
Dcproviders cannot be all things to all dcfamilies. Perfect ones are out there for you and you will find them!
That's great that you're getting calls and interviews! Sprinkle some of that interview fairy dust around, will you??
Familycare71 03:36 PM 08-10-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Dcproviders cannot be all things to all dcfamilies. Perfect ones are out there for you and you will find them!
That's great that you're getting calls and interviews! Sprinkle some of that interview fairy dust around, will you??
Yes please!!!
grateday 06:04 PM 08-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It's nice that you have so many interviews.....unless you have no open spaces...

That mom sounds like she is simply not a good fit for your program so hopefully, she won't be calling looking to enroll.

I agree about your DS...sometimes kids are the best as picking up subtle clues about other people and their intuition is often spot on.

I'm sorry she made you feel bad. I wouldn't let her attitude get to you. Sounds like she is the one with an attitude....
Yeah I have thought about that, it would be awful if she was here.....Ugh some people have tooooo much anxiety for me and it rubs off.
Tags:interview, interview - multiple
Reply Up