Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Letter to Daycare
sheffie 10:02 AM 10-18-2013
I am not sure who I should address our letter to. I am pulling my daughter out of her current daycare for a myriad of reasons but have chosen not to include them in my cancellation of services letter. The director is a sweet little old lady who is still active in the daycare, however, the daughter who is the assistant director is the one who signs off on all the paperwork.

To whom should I address the 2-week notice to? The director or the asst? I don't know what would be appropriate. Most of our pleasant dealings have been with the old lady but all of the issues and problems usually go thru the daughter. I am trying my best not to step out of line.
daycarediva 10:04 AM 10-18-2013
Originally Posted by sheffie:
I am not sure who I should address our letter to. I am pulling my daughter out of her current daycare for a myriad of reasons but have chosen not to include them in my cancellation of services letter. The director is a sweet little old lady who is still active in the daycare, however, the daughter who is the assistant director is the one who signs off on all the paperwork.

To whom should I address the 2-week notice to? The director or the asst? I don't know what would be appropriate. Most of our pleasant dealings have been with the old lady but all of the issues and problems usually go thru the daughter. I am trying my best not to step out of line.
I would direct it to both, since both seem to be involved and there seems to be an uncertainty in the 'chain of command'.

Best of luck to you in your search for child care!
sharlan 10:06 AM 10-18-2013
"To Whom it May Concern" usually works for me.
sheffie 10:19 AM 10-18-2013
@sharlan - oh ha! i don't know why I didn't think of that. To whom it may concern is perfect!

@daycarediva - i found the perfect place already. She's been going there for the last 2 weeks and its such a change for the better. No tension, no stress for her and me both. She has learned so much more in the last two weeks than the whole last 6 months. She gets to go outside every day....EVERY SINGLE DAY! with the exception of bad weather. They rarely went outside at the other place. The food choices are healthier, she is doing more activities for her own age, and she's not putting up a fight every day to go because her "teacher is mean". There were times she wouldn't even sit in the same room with her in the mornings and all that lady is is the intake person until the others show up at 8:30. It would take me 20 minutes to get her settled and she would pack up her breakfast and beg another teacher to let her go to her room.

I'm not saying my worry days are over, because of course, you always worry when you leave your child somewhere else. But its been such a relief. And in these last 2 weeks I've also truly seen the damage they have done to her confidence, self esteem and well-being, not to mention her education.

Thanks for y'alls help!
Brooksie 10:24 AM 10-18-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
"To Whom it May Concern" usually works for me.

cheerfuldom 04:34 PM 10-18-2013
glad you found some place that was a better fit. I wouldnt take my kids anywhere that didnt have daily outside time. can you imagine being stuck in the same room all day? yikes.
Josiegirl 04:39 PM 10-18-2013
*I* would go crazy if I was stuck inside all the time! Can you imagine if the dcks didn't go outdoors? They'd be jumping off the walls.
I'm glad you found a much better fit for your dd! Sounds like she'll be much happier.
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up