Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave
Calikate 12:27 PM 03-13-2014
Hi everyone I have a couple questions regarding maternity leave.

My first question is actually a little unrelated, My mom and I are planning to open a large home daycare together. Would it be in both of our names? Or would it be in one of our names and the other would be an "assistant"?

Also, looking into the future when I want to have another baby, Would my mom be able to be the provider while I recovered from child birth? Would she need an assistant. If the daycare could only be in one of our names would it be better to be in hers in this situation?

thank you in advance!!!
Margarete 01:37 PM 03-13-2014
In California you would have to both be living in the house to both be 'providers'. Otherwise the one living elsewhere would have to be an "assistant". At least one 'provider' needs to be on the property at least 80% of the child care time (so you could get away with one week in the month)... but you can absolutely get another assistant to help during that time.
Calikate 08:05 PM 03-13-2014
She will be living in the house
Calikate 08:35 PM 03-13-2014
If we are both named as providers would she be allowed to be there with an assistant while I recover?
Margarete 10:01 PM 03-13-2014
Yes, that should be no problem at all. Just one of the providers have to be there for the 80% rule. You need 2 people providing care if you are over 6/8 kids.
katharinekanter 04:30 AM 09-05-2015
Nice!
katharinekanter 04:33 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by Calikate:
Hi everyone I have a couple questions regarding maternity leave.

My first question is actually a little unrelated, My mom and I are planning to open a large home daycare together. Would it be in both of our names? Or would it be in one of our names and the other would be an "assistant"?

Also, looking into the future when I want to have another baby, Would my mom be able to be the provider while I recovered from child birth? Would she need an assistant. If the daycare could only be in one of our names would it be better to be in hers in this situation?

thank you in advance!!!
Its great that you are planning to open a large home daycare facility. This will really help the other working moms to get the best childcare facility for their kids.
Tags:business name, business partner, california - regulations, maternity leave, working with family
Reply Up