Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Have A Little Money To Spend.....
cheerfuldom 08:23 AM 05-12-2015
what is on your list to buy for your daycare. small and large things okay to post. links would be great. looking for a few things to refresh the playroom but not sure what to get.
childcaremom 08:37 AM 05-12-2015
A little naptime daydreaming....

A sensory table. My dh is a carpenter and has promised to build me one but my projects are always at the bottom of his list.

I have an old sink that I want for the mud kitchen outside. I need some wood so my dh can build me a table. See side note above.

Large unit blocks (I think that's what they are called) for indoor building.

Magnetic tiles for the light table.
http://magnatiles.com/products/magna...-32-piece-set/

Smallish wooden letters and numbers.

Wood pattern blocks: http://toys.scholarschoice.ca/catalo...attern-blocks/

These look fun: http://toys.scholarschoice.ca/catalo...interlox-96pc/
Annalee 08:59 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
what is on your list to buy for your daycare. small and large things okay to post. links would be great. looking for a few things to refresh the playroom but not sure what to get.
I am in the process of re-flooring for the upcoming preschool yr beginning in September. I also was able to attend a conference workshop with Mary Jo Huff and am working on developing a puppet box along with some peeper puppets with homes. If anyone has ever been to her workshops, you know what I am talking about. She is AWESOME!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:12 AM 05-12-2015
new floors in playroom a lot of money new floors through the kitchen
I am working on an outside playroom (in my carport) so I would be looking at some organizational items for out there.
I also want some lumber to build in some cubbies/ bench in my playroom.
Unregistered 09:53 AM 05-12-2015
I bought the Magna Tiles for my daycare, and I can attest to how awesome they are! The 3-7 year olds go straight to them every time! They are really strong magnets, and they put the little people toys inside "zoos", build castles, forts, etc. It is the best indoor toy I have bought for my daycare.

I am going to be closing down my daycare in the next 8 months, so it is kind of sad to think of parting with some of these items. My best outdoor toy was definitely the Step 2 swingset/fort/basketball goal. It was $1,000, and totally worth the expense as all of the kids can play on it without overcrowding (and don't forget the tax deduction)!
DaveA 11:32 AM 05-12-2015
Toy wise I'm pretty set (don't tell my wife I said that the next time I NEED something for the classroom ), so I would do a new coat of paint in the classroom, better shelves to replace my current cubbies, and gates to close off the kitchen from the classroom.
deliberateliterate 11:43 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I bought the Magna Tiles for my daycare, and I can attest to how awesome they are! The 3-7 year olds go straight to them every time! They are really strong magnets, and they put the little people toys inside "zoos", build castles, forts, etc. It is the best indoor toy I have bought for my daycare.

I am going to be closing down my daycare in the next 8 months, so it is kind of sad to think of parting with some of these items. My best outdoor toy was definitely the Step 2 swingset/fort/basketball goal. It was $1,000, and totally worth the expense as all of the kids can play on it without overcrowding (and don't forget the tax deduction)!

My Magna Tiles are hands down all of my kid's favourite toys. Highly recommend!
LindseyA 11:55 AM 05-12-2015
I bought the biggest set of Magna-tiles with the grant a few years back, and still to this day, it's hands down one of the favorites toys for the kids. Highly recommend them!
kitykids3 01:14 PM 05-12-2015
Not to complain, but I would like a bigger house with an open concept for my daycare. I love having daycare on it's own floor away from living area, but a 1300 sq ft house cut into 2 leaves only approx 650 sq feet for the daycare and that space is divided into 7 rooms and 2 walk in closets. Makes for hard visibility and not many choices in being able to switch things up too much. I also want a covered patio out back so that part of the yard can be covered from afternoon sun in summer and toys can be protected from rain/snow.
For little things there really isn't much I want. I got the table and chairs I wanted and the big block set with grant money and a lot of toys.
I would probably want another table to use outside or inside as a water table (already have sand table). I'd like a light table too. And one of these days I want to make a clear plastic 'rack' for their artwork to be displayed on the walls. I'll be getting those magna tiles now that I see that so many of you like those. Thanks!
childcaremom 02:06 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
I'll be getting those magna tiles now that I see that so many of you like those. Thanks!
Yes, I've moved those from my wishlist to my shopping cart.
Little Learners 07:40 AM 05-13-2015
Large kids rug from Amazon that protects your carpet, tile, wood etc. All kinds of cute designs and sizes.... nice for circle time.
spinnymarie 11:04 AM 05-13-2015
New gliders to replace these totally broken craigslist ones. And a better daycare vacuum
KidGrind 02:27 PM 05-13-2015
I just brought an eight seater Runabout Kart.

I’ve been wanting one for a couple of years now.
Unregistered 06:29 AM 05-15-2015
Hey, if anybody wants to buy a 5-seater inline Runabout, I have it for sale! $750 including all accoutrements
mommiebookworm 08:52 AM 05-15-2015
Any wooden toys, to replace the plastic ones.
Reply Up