Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CA New Regs for FCC
MarinaVanessa 11:12 AM 12-11-2015
For those that live in CA and didn't know ... the Fall updates are out and the FIRST thing they mention is the new immunization requirement bill for kids AND adults/staff. They also mention other new laws/changes.

Here's the skinny (bills that effect FCC) ...

Bill SB 277, will require all children attending day care or school based programs to be immunized and will eliminate
personal/religious belief exemptions. This bill is effective in January 2016.

Bill SB 792 will require all staff to show proof of immunization for influenza, pertussis, and measles.

The actual plan on how licensing will implement these two bills won't available until January 2016 and will be posted on the DSS website.

AB-1207 was signed October 1 2015 and requires that beginning January 1, 2018 all child care providers, administrators and employees must complete mandated reporter training on the detection and reporting of child abuse in addition to the 15 hours of health and safety training (CPR, first aid, preventative safety).

AB 2236 became effective July 1, 2015, and increased the amount of the citation for a violation that results in the death, or serious injury, of a child at a care facility. It also mentions the fees for other infractions.

The update also mentions car seats. I was under the impression that the new car seat law that passed required all children under 2 years sit rear facing starting Jan 2016, the update ad the CHP website say Jan 2017 but I've seen in other sites that it's 2016. Help?

http://ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/CC_Fall2015.pdf
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 12-11-2015
I think Daycare discussed this same topic in this thread:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79908
organicdclady 11:38 AM 12-11-2015
I did a lot of research on the car seat topic and everywhere I have seen says Jan 2017. I read an explanation somewhere about needing to give the public time to accept the new law. I am not sure if this is true or not, but the changes will go into effect January 2017.
MarinaVanessa 01:13 PM 12-11-2015
I knew about the vaccine laws ... I'm curious to finally find out how they plan to implement them.

What I didn't hear about was the increase of the citations and I'm confused about when the car seat law starts. I'm assuming that 2017 like organicdclady says since the CHP has it on their website.

I don't disagree with the mandated reporter training but also curious to know how this will be implemented. I take an online training offered through the California Department of Education and that's free so I'm hoping that this will count. And I'm curious to know if it'll be a training that they'll require us to take again and again (like our CPR) or just once.

I don't really care about the vaccine requirements because they don't affect me or my family personally since we choose to vaccinate and because I believe they do more good than bad but I don't think that forcing other families is ok either. On that note I don't ever get the FLU vaccine unless I'm pregnant but I'll have to get it yearly because of the new law. I already get the booster for pertussis and measles so no issue there but the ony 2 times that I'v gotten a FLU shot I got the FLU and was sick in bed for a week and a half
sharlan 02:40 PM 12-11-2015
I am anti flu shot, never, ever had one. Everyone that I personally know that gets one, gets the flu. We can still refuse the flu shot according to the wording.

I haven't had the boosters in forever. I will have to be vaccinated for pertussis and measles, though.
Tags:california - regulations, fcc, vaccinations
Reply Up