Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Just Sick
AmyKidsCo 02:08 PM 08-12-2016
I was figuring out my 2016 rates and realized that in 2014 when I pro-rated my fees to include my paid vacation I missed a step and actually gave myself a 3 week cut in pay. It comes out to about $500/year less PER CHILD for the past two years.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should leave the base rate the same but figure out the pro-rate accurately, or leave it as it is and raise the base rate. I can't do both because it'd be a big jump for parents.
Controlled Chaos 02:40 PM 08-12-2016
Oh noooooo! That's awful. No advise. I can just imagine you doing the math over and over and thinking about what you would have spent it on
DaveA 02:43 PM 08-12-2016

Oh that sucks royally. Not sure which I would do. I guess I would do whichever would give you the maximum you would feel comfortable increasing. If parents ask let them know about their good luck.
Leigh 05:02 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I was figuring out my 2016 rates and realized that in 2014 when I pro-rated my fees to include my paid vacation I missed a step and actually gave myself a 3 week cut in pay. It comes out to about $500/year less PER CHILD for the past two years.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should leave the base rate the same but figure out the pro-rate accurately, or leave it as it is and raise the base rate. I can't do both because it'd be a big jump for parents.
I'd just raise rates by $2/day ($10/week, but I'd present it to parents as $2/day). That's not really anything unmanageable. I know that I waste more than $2 a day on much less important things than the person caring for my child!
Reply Up