Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Schedule
CountryRoads 08:02 AM 07-10-2019
I'd like to do a daily schedule so the parents know what we do during the day, what time we eat, etc.

My problem is I don't want it to be too specific. For example, we would normally do art/craft time at 10:00. But, with the warmer weather, we go outside during that time instead. I don't want parents think our schedule is written in stone, kwim?

Any ideas on wording?
springv 08:13 AM 07-10-2019
We have a visual schedule on our walls so that the children know what happens at what time and they have pictures to go along with the activity
megoddess444 08:33 AM 07-10-2019
I give an example of our daily schedule, with their start-up packet. In bold writing it says, “sample daily schedule, times and activities may change to accommodate children’s interests and needs”
boy_mom 08:54 AM 07-10-2019
You could do something like this, just change out the activities each morning, quick and easy!
Attached: 20190710_115208.jpg (632.5 KB) 
284878 11:22 AM 07-10-2019
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
You could do something like this, just change out the activities each morning, quick and easy!
I like that, did you make it? Where can I find the template?
Ariana 11:35 AM 07-10-2019
I have mine in my contract and specifically state that it is just an example and that it is not set in stone. I do generally follow it though and have for the past 9 yrs or so.

I would just say “I thought I would give you an example of our daily schedule so you get a better idea of how our day goes. We do try to follow it as best we can but of course some days we don’t quite get there or if kids are extra interested in something we are doing, want to keep playing outside etc I do not rush them just to follow the routine”.
AmyKidsCo 01:40 PM 07-10-2019
We have a visual schedule too, but there's no times on it.

Our schedule is:
Play, Breakfast, Clean Up, Outside, Play, Lunch, Story, Nap, Snack, Play/Outside, Go Home.
CountryRoads 07:44 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
Tags:daily schedule
Reply Up