Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Arts and Crafts Ideas - Toddlers
spud912 04:07 PM 03-07-2011
I feel like I've ran dry of arts and crafts ideas. I have lots of supplies and no ideas. Anyone have any ideas or good websites? I currently only have a 2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old so I would prefer ideas where I don't do all of the work, kwim? It doesn't have to be all that fancy of an idea either.

Here are my supplies:
Markers
Crayons
Colored Pencils
Dry Erase Markers
Chalk
Washable Paint
Finger Paint
Watercolor Paint
Special Watercolor Paint that you only paint on special paper (otherwise it doesn't show up)
Coloring Books
Construction Paper (big and small)
Stickers
Pom Poms
Tissue Paper (white and yellow)
Felt Cloth (all colors)
Foam Paper
Pipe Cleaners
Eyeball Stickers
Elmer's Glue
Stick Glue
Paper Plates
Cardboard Rolls (toilet paper and paper cloths)
daycare 04:39 PM 03-07-2011
ever thought about using rice or beans, noodels??

adding these small things into your art area can bring on a whole different kind of learning for the kids..

lol, sorry thought I had the site saved, but I have to go and find it..let me get back to you in a few.
kendallina 05:24 PM 03-07-2011
I mix a bit of flour with the paint and it makes a fun mess.- the kids love it.

I also have the kiddos mix 1 part flour, 1 part salt and a bit of food coloring and put them in squeeze bottles and it makes a really nice puffy paint.

Also, 1 part liquid starch and 1 part glue makes a super dooper messy silly putty. It's really fun, probably my favorite sensory activity, but don't do it anywhere near carpeting .

Do you do sensory bins with them? That age group loves sensory bins, there's a thread going on now about a website with lots of ideas. My kiddos just dyed some noodles and are using those in our sensory bins now.

ETA: here's one that you could do with all those cardboard tubes you have (might be a good one for mother's day):
http://www.dailycandy.com/kids/all-c...and-Takes-Blog
Candyland 05:43 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
ETA: here's one that you could do with all those cardboard tubes you have (might be a good one for mother's day):
http://www.dailycandy.com/kids/all-c...and-Takes-Blog
That's the cutest use of tp or papertowel tubes!
GretasLittleFriends 06:31 PM 03-07-2011
Do you have coffee filters (the round kind that you can kind of flatten out)? The girl I had babysit my two kids on Saturday while my teenager and I did our cpr/first aid course made butterflies with my son (6).

So easy, as long as the children can use markers, and paint brushes dipped in water...

Have child color on coffee filter with washable marker any pattern, even scribbling works wonderfully. Then have the child "paint" the coffee filter with water. The marker colors bleed and run together. Then you can take a pipe cleaner and twist it around the middle for the butterfly body.
Little People 04:36 AM 03-08-2011
Maybe you can get some ideas here;
http://www.everythingpreschool.com/t...spring/art.htm
Tags:arts and crafts, arts and crafts- ideas
Reply Up