Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Wording
hope 10:37 AM 01-10-2014
I have a dcm that is starting her maternity leave soon. I have watched her child for over a year. I gave her a discount bc she is a teacher. I do this for any teachers bc I like the paid days off during the school year and the early pick ups. I held a spot for her child last summer with no deposit or pay. I am willing to do the same as she will be leaving my care in 2 months for her leave and not returning until September. I have asked her if the older child will return along with the newborn and she said yes. I would like to give her a copy of the new contracts for the child I watch now along with her newborn so she can look over while on leave. I think she expects a sibling discount and I am unwilling to give so I don't want it to be a surprise come September.
My question is.... how do I word this in my contract? I have a section regarding rates and would like to address there so when I talk with her about it she can also reference the contract. She has a habit of "forgetting" what has been told to her.
Annalee 10:41 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I have a dcm that is starting her maternity leave soon. I have watched her child for over a year. I gave her a discount bc she is a teacher. I do this for any teachers bc I like the paid days off during the school year and the early pick ups. I held a spot for her child last summer with no deposit or pay. I am willing to do the same as she will be leaving my care in 2 months for her leave and not returning until September. I have asked her if the older child will return along with the newborn and she said yes. I would like to give her a copy of the new contracts for the child I watch now along with her newborn so she can look over while on leave. I think she expects a sibling discount and I am unwilling to give so I don't want it to be a surprise come September.
My question is.... how do I word this in my contract? I have a section regarding rates and would like to address there so when I talk with her about it she can also reference the contract. She has a habit of "forgetting" what has been told to her.
Without confirmation/down payment, I would worry she would look for alternate daycare while she is off if you already know she is expecting a sibling discount. Maybe you could request a down payment as confirmation she will return abiding by the new contract rules. Just a thought!
Scout 12:04 PM 01-10-2014
Or could you offer her a sibling discount if she pays the normal undiscounted tuition? Hope that made sense.
daycare 01:37 PM 01-10-2014
I have it written.

sorry, we do not offer sibling discounts at this time.

What I have done with siblings is let them feel better about the price giving them a 5% discount. But I have their rate slightly higher to start so that it comes out the same. Everyone in my area that provides care is big on the we offer a sibling discount. So I play that game too.

I also would not move forward with this plan with out some form of deposit. So much changes over that long of a period of time.
cheerfuldom 01:53 PM 01-10-2014
are you sure you want to hold two spots till Sep??? what if she changes her mind and doesnt come back?
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, sibling discount
Reply Up