Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with nap Time Drama
Hunni Bee 11:27 AM 11-29-2018
I go on break from 12:30 to 1:30. My kids go down for nap at 1. It is a daily circus. They run around, refuse to lie down, play and scream, and then cry because they are tired.

They wouldn't dream of doing this with me. When I come in, everything screeches to a halt and they quickly lie down and fall asleep.

I've tried incentives for "quiet nappers", I've pushed their lunch up 30 minutes, we've changed breaktime teachers, now I'm having the ringleaders lose privileges after nap but that isn't working too well either. Plus they're cranky when they get up at 3.

Ideas? There are 9 of them, all 4 but one who's 5. Quite immature, all of them.
e.j. 11:33 AM 11-29-2018
Could you switch your break time so you leave the room after they all fall asleep?
trytobearunner34 11:38 AM 11-29-2018
^^^^This.
Hunni Bee 11:43 AM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Could you switch your break time so you leave the room after they all fall asleep?
I doubt it. The after school program staff breaks me, and a later break for me would throw off their van runs and such. I'll ask.
trytobearunner34 04:32 PM 11-29-2018
If a later break isn’t possible what about earlier? Break from 12-1. They may be amped up but you may actually get them to sleep...
grandmom 05:08 PM 11-29-2018
Children know exactly who they can get away with what. You are the order-keeper. The other staff are wet noodles. This won't stop until they take control as the adult. Talk to them. Help them understand this is their problem to solve.
jenboo 06:41 PM 11-29-2018
This was my least favorite thing about working in a center. Two days a week I started work right after nap started due to having morning classes. It was always crazy and my classroom was destroyed. The kids new better than to act like that with me. I hated those days
Tags:naptime issues
Reply Up