Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh Another Snow/Ice Day
lovemykidstoo 04:44 AM 02-06-2019
So we got snow and ice last night. So the school called at 5:49 a.m. to say the schools are closed. I have it set on my phone where only certain people can get through between 10:30 pm and 7:30 am. So I didn't hear it, but assumed they would be off anyway. One of my dcm's texted me at 5:55 a.m. to see if she could switch to tomorrow instead of today. I don't have a problem at all with her switching, but really she had to text me at that time? I messaged her later and told her that my phone does not send me anything before 7:30 geez
lovemykidstoo 05:14 AM 02-06-2019
My poor car is iced up lol
Attached: carice.jpg (63.4 KB) 
Jupadia 06:04 AM 02-06-2019
Here in southern Ontario (Toronto) we are getting snow / ice pellets right now. Frezzing rain due later. Many school boards canceled both buses and school. Ours did just bushes (they dont close schools much due to the high amount of walkers as well they want to make sure kids are not stranded. People complain like crazy that they dont close but classes are small today, and in the end parents can choose to keep kids home.
I had already had plans for my MIL to take my 3 year old today (weekly thing), but my about to be 6 year old not going to school today (walker but this way neither his Nana or me have to fight the weather). So they are gone for day. I have one kid who starts next week, so obviously not here today. Another one parents chose to keep home, cause brother has no bosses for school and is staying. (Am surprised at this cause both parents work at home, so they usually still send), I now got a very boring day of just one kid, but at least he leaves just after 4pm.
Gemma 06:46 AM 02-06-2019
None of my dcks are coming today due to the ice storm, it is bad out there!
happymom 07:59 AM 02-06-2019
Oh shoot, sorry for starting a duplicated thread!
lovemykidstoo 08:13 AM 02-06-2019
My 2nd just got here. Daddy's off today, but they're the ones that daddy can only handle 1 kid lmao. It's 11:00, she's 9 months old and has only had 1 bottle today.
Tags:bad weather, snow day
Reply Up