Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Suggestions On Tree Decor Please
melilley 07:12 AM 04-25-2014
I am going to redo parts of my dc room. I am going to put up rain gutters on the wall in the reading area to serve as bookshelves.
I would like to put up some type of tree in one of the areas of the room, but am having trouble deciding where to put it and also what to make the tree out of. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can make a tree out of or should I just buy a tree stencil? I would have to put something up that the toddlers can't rip down. I have the leaf from Idea that I would also like to put up and maybe incorporate into the tree. I've included pictures of the two spaces that I could put the tree up at. Does anyone have any suggestions?

FYI.... I originally wanted to buy a tree bookshelf (they are really neat!), but they are sooooo expensive and I asked dh if he could make one, but we don't have the tools to do so.
Attached: 20140425_095614.jpg (51.1 KB) 20140425_095554.jpg (54.8 KB) 
NeedaVaca 07:26 AM 04-25-2014
Check out Chicka Boom Boom trees on Pinterest! There are some cool ideas
Maria2013 07:27 AM 04-25-2014
Hi, I have 2 trees in different rooms, both are totally made up, but you can tell they're trees

...one has a thin trunk and then all swirls of different shades of purple and lavender decorated with blue spheres and Disney Fairy stickers, which I found after painting the trees but happen to have the very same colors and fit on there as if the tree was made purposely for them....at least that's what I'm often told

The other tree is more of a woody vine, painted with metallic brown and rust trunk, have just a few leaves, but has birds and other characters on it and to resemble blooming, I took small, colorful picture holders, and stuck them on it with the pictures of all the kids that ever plaid here....the kids really like

PS I have question not related to this, can I pm you?
Maria2013 07:30 AM 04-25-2014
I forgot I have a tropical tree in the entrance...it is made of tropical foliage cut out of plywood and painted, and monkey shaped hooks, to hang kids coats
...that one is my favorite
melilley 07:35 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
Hi, I have 2 trees in different rooms, both are totally made up, you can tell they're trees

...one has a thin trunk and then all swirls of different shades of purple and lavender decorated with blue spheres and Disney Fairy stickers, which I found after painting the trees but happen to have the very same colors and fit on there as if the tree was made purposely for them....at least that's what I'm often told

The other tree is more of a woody vine, painted with metallic brown and rust trunk, have just a few leaves, but has birds and other characters on it and to resemble blooming, I took small, colorful picture holders, and stuck them on it with the pictures of all the kids that ever plaid here....the kids really like

PS I have question not related to this, can I pm you?
Your trees sound amazing! Maybe I'll attempt to paint one...I didn't think of that option.. lol
Of course you can pm me!
melilley 07:36 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Check out Chicka Boom Boom trees on Pinterest! There are some cool ideas
I'll have to take a peek, thanks!
Reply Up