Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensing in Las Vegas?
UtahMomma 01:10 PM 08-18-2013
I was just licensed in Utah and MIGHT be looking to move to Vegas in the future. I'm having a hard time finding information besides their regulations.

Is anyone here in Vegas with a home daycare that can give me more/better information?

Thank you!
Michael 01:42 PM 08-18-2013
I'll send a few of our Nevada Members email to you via PM. Not sure if any are in LV.
UtahMomma 02:40 PM 08-18-2013
Thank you!
jenboo 04:30 PM 08-26-2013
Hi! Im in the process of getting licensed in vegas...its very confusing! They basically do not tell you anything. you have to call licensing to find out when they are having their class. Then after that class you submit your application and get assigned a surveyor. Then after that, you have to go to another class. Then you can do your background check. Thats where i am right now. Depending on where you live in vegas, you might have to do a background check that takes 3-6months and costs about $220 for the background check/fingerprints per person 18 and older in the house. you can have 4 kids without being licensed. I still dont really understand much lol. oh and they tend to cancel the classes which are only offered once a month
UtahMomma 07:56 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Hi! Im in the process of getting licensed in vegas...its very confusing! They basically do not tell you anything. you have to call licensing to find out when they are having their class. Then after that class you submit your application and get assigned a surveyor. Then after that, you have to go to another class. Then you can do your background check. Thats where i am right now. Depending on where you live in vegas, you might have to do a background check that takes 3-6months and costs about $220 for the background check/fingerprints per person 18 and older in the house. you can have 4 kids without being licensed. I still dont really understand much lol. oh and they tend to cancel the classes which are only offered once a month
Yikes...$220 for the background check/fingerprints?? It was $36.50 here
What part of Vegas are you in? I'm going to the class on the 11th so we'll see from there.
jenboo 09:53 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by UtahMomma:
Yikes...$220 for the background check/fingerprints?? It was $36.50 here
What part of Vegas are you in? I'm going to the class on the 11th so we'll see from there.
I'm about 10 east of the strip!
I also replied to your personal message
Tags:daycare, home, information, las vegas, licensing, nevada
Reply Up