Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weekly Payment Contract/Handbook Wording
Lyss 10:05 PM 11-11-2013
I'm re-doing my contract for new families, swapping to a weekly payment system because even though nearly all providers in my area charge monthly I hate it.

I'm not connecting in my wording though, for some reason I can't get my head and fingers to work together and get something that makes sense in my handbook. The main area that's catching me is how to phrase holiday closures & payment regardless. I've always had paid holidays and because parents for the month in advance I've never had to worry about payment being due on a holiday or really parents arguing about payment for holidays.

I know I'm overthinking it, its just not making sense to me right now DD has been waking multiple times a night the last 4 days so I've only been getting 3-4 hours total and it's been a really stressful few days ontop of that. Once I start overthinking things I end up in a rut, so I'm nipping it in the bum and asking for help from you awesome ladies instead of driving myself crazy! I have an interview tomorrow night and I want to have all the kinks worked out in my new contract/hb. To be honest I'm feel like I want to toss my whole handbook at this point and start over but I'm not doing all that tonight!

Anyone willing to share some wording? You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting or even just point me in the right direction with general wording. ! Thanks!
coolconfidentme 02:52 AM 11-12-2013
Payment Policy
Payment is due on Monday of each week or on the first day of the week attending childcare. A ten dollar ($10) late fee will be charged for late payments. Note: Make checks payable to XXX. It must be understood, to hold your child's space, payment must be paid whether your child attends or not. Payment is based on contract, not attendance. Failure to pay and your child(ren) are removed from care until account balance is paid in full.

Non Sufficient Checks
Due to the inconvenience of Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) checks, a twenty-five dollar ($25) fee will be charged for NSF checks. The third NSF check will be justification from your child(ren) being dismissed from our care. Legal action will be taken, and the individuals will pay all legal fees and other charges incurred.
Lyss 11:16 AM 11-12-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Payment Policy
Payment is due on Monday of each week or on the first day of the week attending childcare. A ten dollar ($10) late fee will be charged for late payments. Note: Make checks payable to XXX. It must be understood, to hold your child's space, payment must be paid whether your child attends or not. Payment is based on contract, not attendance. Failure to pay and your child(ren) are removed from care until account balance is paid in full.

Non Sufficient Checks
Due to the inconvenience of Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) checks, a twenty-five dollar ($25) fee will be charged for NSF checks. The third NSF check will be justification from your child(ren) being dismissed from our care. Legal action will be taken, and the individuals will pay all legal fees and other charges incurred.
Thanks!
Reply Up