Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM is getting a wake up call
mommyneedsadayoff 12:52 PM 10-12-2015
I recently gave notice that I am closing my daycare. Dcm, who is also a friend of mine, took it well, but I can tell she is starting to freak out a little. She has interviewed 3-4 different places and complains to me about everything wrong with them. The newest one is $50 more per week than I charge and her first issue, besides the price, is that they seem to have a lot of turn over and she seemed offended that THEY are going to interview HER. I laughed it off and explained that centers generally have high turn over and that when they have a waiting list, it is routine to find the family that fits them best, hence the interview. Ialso had to explain that she is paying for a spot, not hours, because she couldn't believe they charged 52 weeks a year, regardless of attendance. So, obviously, she wasn't a fan of the center and has now pretty much talked her way into having a relative watch her child. She is a SAHM and I have not asked what she is paying, but I SOOO want to tell her that if she doesn't compensate well enough, she is going to burn tat bridge quickly and end up where she is now. I am not quitting specifically because of her, but she is the last straw that led me to finally do it and since the money wasn't there, it was an easy decision for me. I am actually going to continue watching one of my dcks, because they pay me $300 a week, so when she baulked at $175, I wanted to laugh and tell her that if she wanted tot triple my rate, I may reconsider closing Not really, but still! To complain about price to me when you pay me the lowest rate possible is sort of rude. I guess it is that pesky old friend relationship biting me int he butt, but I can't help but smile a little when she tells me of this stuff. Welcome to the real world!
Thriftylady 01:05 PM 10-12-2015
I think people don't pay any attention if it isn't effecting them right NOW. So she may have known rates were much higher, but it wasn't for her so she ignored it. Now she has to pay attention, because she needs new care. I would have to tell her that was part of the reason I was quitting, because I wasn't getting paid enough. But that is just me.
Reply Up