Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Which Family Would You Take?
laceylmm 02:08 PM 05-14-2013
This summer I will have my own four home with me. Ages 1, 6 and 8 yr old twins. DCK so far will be 4 and 6...(since according to my other post I just lost a fam of 3)

I have my choice between a family of three girls. Ages 1, 2 and 3.

Or

Two SA brothers ages 7 & 9.

Which family would you pick based on the ages of the other kids in care?
Blackcat31 02:23 PM 05-14-2013
Depends on if I am looking for playmates for my own kids or if I was looking to fill potentially long term spaces in my daycare.

If I wanted playmates, I would go with the two SA boys.

If I wanted potentially long term clients, I'd go with the girls.
AmyKidsCo 02:37 PM 05-14-2013
I'd go with the family of 3 because they'd be potential long-term. And my own children do their own thing much of the summer so any SAers would be bored.
cheerfuldom 02:47 PM 05-14-2013
School age boys....ewww. LOL unless they were amazingly sweet and able to self entertain, I would go with the little ones.
bgmeyers 02:50 PM 05-14-2013
I would think long term. Schoolagers drive me crazy though.
daycarediva 03:38 PM 05-14-2013
Younger group, for the long term it's better and your own SA children may not care for being paired up with kids that they may/may not get along with all summer long.
TheGoodLife 04:51 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Depends on if I am looking for playmates for my own kids or if I was looking to fill potentially long term spaces in my daycare.

If I wanted playmates, I would go with the two SA boys.

If I wanted potentially long term clients, I'd go with the girls.
I would say the 3 girls regardless- if your 6 and 8 yr olds play well, it would give your 1 year old playmates AND would be more long-term
rmc20021 06:31 PM 05-14-2013
If I had that option, they couldn't pay me enough to take on 2 boys that age...brothers no less. I have two brothers who are 5 and 9 and ALLLLLL they do is argue and fight. And they are constantly bored and never want to do anything because all they do at home is electronics. I have none of that here and I'm geared more towards toddlers/preschoolers. All I can think of is...3 more weeks and they will be gone.
mema 06:37 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I'd go with the family of 3 because they'd be potential long-term. And my own children do their own thing much of the summer so any SAers would be bored.

My own do whatever. When I had a dck sister here a few times over the summer, she was bored. Then I made my dd stay home from her friends houses and hang downstairs or outside with us-double bored 8 yr old girls (insert hair pulling out smiley).
Play Care 06:22 AM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Younger group, for the long term it's better and your own SA children may not care for being paired up with kids that they may/may not get along with all summer long.
Exactly!
I feel that child care is my job, it's not my kids job to play with or entertain the dc kids.
canadiancare 06:26 AM 05-15-2013
I guess you need to think about how you like to spend your summer, too. 1,2,3 year olds may limit activities that you can do with your own children. I'd prefer that age to older kids who will be looking to be entertained but if you like excursions you may prefer older kids.
Reply Up