Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Of You Have Parents That Do This?
Unregistered 01:53 PM 11-08-2019
I have a 15 month old in care that has been coming in 2T clothing and size 6 diaper for the last three months. It says right on the box of size 6 diapers that they are for 35+ pounds. I weighed him and said child is 25 pounds! He also comes in every day with sleeves, pantlegs, and waistband rolled to make the clothing "fit". I would think she would take the hint that this means the clothes are too big for him. She is always commenting about how he is such a big boy, but he is definitely not the size of a 2+ year old. (I have a three year old that wears size 5 diapers that fit correctly) She has always dressed him in clothes and diapers that are too big, but because she bumps him up in size about every 3-4 months, clothes and diapers have gotten crazy big on him!
He has recently started taking off his shirt on a repetitive basis. His shirts are so large that it is easy for him to do. When I mentioned this to her, she said that he does it at home as well, "but what can I do because they don't sell onesies in 2T!"

Is there any way to convince her that he needs to be wearing smaller clothes and diapers that fit him correctly?
tandow 02:35 PM 11-08-2019
I have a little girl who's mom dresses her in 3t... she will walk out of her pants, get caught in her sleeves and her socks are always falling off. I spoke with her mom multiple times about how it's a safety hazard, and there was no change. I then went to Target and bout a pair of 18 month footed pajamas and changed her every morning upon arrival.
After 3 weeks of mom having to redress her at pick up (she has a 45 minutes pickup window due to her commute so I could never quite time re-dressing little one) and seeing all the daily photos of her wearing the pjs mom FINALLY asked "Why?"
I just told her that ill fitting clothing was a safety hazard and I already informed her of that. That I decided to do whatever it took to keep her daughter safe.
The next day, and everyday after her clothing fit correctly.
Valerie928 04:11 PM 11-08-2019
I have the exact opposite problem. I have siblings that come, 2 girls (5 months and 3) their mother thinks they are petite and dresses them in too tight/small clothing. These girls are chubby. Example, 5 month old weighs 16 pounds and mom just moved her up to size 2 diapers. They are too small. Dcg 3 is still dressed in 2T clothes and she is well over the 30 pound mark. Mom is a pa so it's not like buying clothing is an issue here. I don't understand😳
Indoorvoice 05:39 AM 11-09-2019
Before I quit daycare I had 2 moms doing this with their babies! They were always commenting on how huge their babies were, when in fact they were on the smaller size for their ages. They also had very unrealistic expectations about how much and what they should be eating and we're always trying to graduate them to the next milestone when they weren't ready. For example, always telling me their 7 month old was walking at home when he couldn't even crawl yet. Very strange. Coincidentally, these were also the parents that spent the least amount of time with their kids.
Ariana 06:55 AM 11-10-2019
I have 5 kids and only two of them are dressed for their actual size. I have a 13 month old who is in a size 6 diaper and 3T clothes...I wish I was joking. Then I have a 2 yr old who is squeezed into 12-18 month clothes ever day. Her belly hangs out and I can barely get her pants up over he thighs and butt. I have a 20 month old with size 4 feet, in size 7 boots.

Ugh it is never ending. I literally do not know what is wrong with parents. I actually had a parent bring cheap diapers for her kid to use at daycare while they used expensive ones at home. The kid got a rash and when I asked about the cheap diapers she said “we never use these at home” and I had noticed she would come in every day with the more expensive diapers on. Do parents not realize that it is still their kid at daycare? They don’t go into a vortex when they are not with you! Are these parents sociopaths? I could not imagine doing this to my own child. Putting them in boots that are so big they cannot walk??
Hunni Bee 12:04 PM 11-12-2019
I am this mom 🤦🏾 but I do correct myself. My 6yo is showing her preemie traits again and has been roughly the same size for the past 2 years. In my head when I buy her new clothes, I buy a size bigger than last year but always too big. If size 5T Long existed, I'd be a happy camper.

Instead, I spend my weekends taking in the waistbands of every pair of pants and skirt in her wardrobe 😂
Meeko 07:13 AM 11-15-2019
I actually have the opposite! Kids that need diapered wearing jeans that look sprayed on that I have to fight to get on and off. I guess 'skinny" jeans means three sizes too small to some mothers.
Tags:proper attire
Reply Up