Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Employee Soliciting Sales During Work
springv 02:09 PM 06-11-2020
An employee is asking weight loss products a s keeps posting about it on her social media and now wants to recrute people to be salespeople and our daycare parents are even sharing it. Do you think it's appropriate??
happymom 03:48 PM 06-11-2020
To clarify: Your employee is posting on social media at work?
springv 05:22 PM 06-11-2020
Yes! We have a no cell phone policy as well and they can only use them when they aren't with the children
Former Teacher 06:10 PM 06-11-2020
Cell phones (unless it's the business's) shouldn't even be allowed.

My husband has to keep his in either his car or his locker. It can not be on his person at any time while he is on the clock.
CeriBear 04:47 AM 06-12-2020
We are not allowed to solicit sales of anything while we are on the clock. It’s okay if we leave a catalog in the break room for people to look through but we are not supposed to put fliers in kids boxes for parents to take home or to post anything on the center website. As for cell phones we can have them with us but we are not to use them unless it is an emergency. When supervising children we are not supposed to be texting or browsing social media. The only exception is during nap time.
At my previous job we had to keep our cell phones in our locker. If you were caught with it on your person the manager would take it away and lock it in her office until you left for the day. The second time you were caught you were fired on the spot.
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
An employee is asking weight loss products a s keeps posting about it on her social media and now wants to recrute people to be salespeople and our daycare parents are even sharing it. Do you think it's appropriate??
If you have a no cell phone policy while on the clock she shouldn't be using the phone period.
What she's doing/selling or saying makes no difference.

If it's problematic, let your director know of the issue.
Cat Herder 07:52 AM 06-12-2020
I agree. If there is a policy, she needs to follow it like everyone else.

I use an instant parent communication app, so I am on mine all day. I update at least every 20 minutes throughout the day and share photos several times per day so parents can hardly expect me to not be on the phone.
Tags:cell phone policy, employee issues, soliciting
Reply Up