Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CDA Online?
KKDaycare 05:41 AM 10-22-2015
Has anybody gotten their CDA online? Just wondering what a good website is or if I should just go to a local college. TIA!
Baby Beluga 07:36 AM 10-22-2015
I did my coursework online through a local community college.
lizzlee 09:25 AM 10-22-2015
I also did my coursework through a local community college, most of it was online. Tennessee has the Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance (TECTA) which paid for most of my classes and is now helping me finish my associates, not sure what state you're in but maybe there is something similar.
Unregistered 10:45 AM 10-22-2015
I went through care courses.com, and it really works for my schedule. I do some of the classes during the kids' nap time. I just couldn't drag myself to evening classes, and my husband wouldn't be too happy about taking care of our kids every night!

After you finish all the classes, contact your local childcare office, and they have someone who will do the home inspection and then you go do the test...
NoMoreJuice! 12:21 PM 10-22-2015
I'm doing my coursework through Penn Foster online, and it's going great! I did check with my state and county first to make sure the credits would count. Maybe call your local resource and referral and check to see if they have a preferred learning institution? It would be a shame to do all the coursework and not have the credits be counted in your state/county.
AnythingsPossible 01:23 PM 10-22-2015
I did my CDA course work through our local college and it was funded through a state program as well. They are also paying for me to get my associates in early childhood. It may be worth looking into for your state to see if they offer some kind of program to help with paying. There are two programs in my state that will help, one provides full funding in exchange for hours worked and the other pays a percentage of it. The percentage program is paid through work force services and the full funding is a state program.
KKDaycare 02:55 PM 10-22-2015
Thanks everyone!

I was thinking of either doing that (the CDA online) or an associates in childhood development but I dread the thought of going to class after daycare is over for the day! Just wondering what everybody else had to say
Reply Up