Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pity Party
Childminder 06:51 PM 10-08-2013
Just want to vent, perhaps I will feel better.

I recently sent in paperwork for my renewal for 6 which I have been licensed for in this location since 2004. At the same time I sent in an application for upgrade to group which is 12.

In 2004 a well and septic inspection was performed by the county health dept to determine if it could support the daycare waste water. It could. "A" rating, no problem.

Fast forward to now. They wont give me an "A" rating. Nope, only a "B". There is no longer a record of our septic system. They destroy records after 18 years and records were committed to an operating system that is no longer supported by the system they have now so the code cannot be read by the current one.

State of MI wont give a license to a "B" rating.

House was built in 1965, and the original system failed because the idiot that lived here planted a tree in the middle of the field. Sooooo he put in a new field, we are guessing in 1989 by the records the septic cleaning company has that has been pumping it. That company came out last Friday and pumped it, said it was working perfectly! Did a flow test and said that the field is WORKING PERFECTLY.

Health dept says oh well, get a perc test. That means we have to pay a backhoe, about $1000, to come in and dig a grave size hole in the middle of our playground, which is where the field is, to see if the dirt will support the waste water of a 3 bedroom plus a daycare. Oh, and even if it percs, which it will, we will then be required to put in a new field at the cost of upwards of $20,000 even though or field is fine as is.

Okay you say, don't get licensed for 12! Great idea! NOT. Now that I applied and the rating came back as "B" they might revoke my license for 6.

Might be looking for a new career soon. Know anyone that is looking for an old lady. One that supports her DH because he is even older, has MS and can't get a job?

On top of all that my subsidy parent didn't get her paperwork in on time, I just found out that it ran out 6 weeks ago and she now owes $1200. Right, I'll see that money and I have to pay the state back what they paid me for 4 weeks.

Oh and I have a flippin UTI. Haven't had one for 40 years.

Okay, thanks for reading about my pity party.
JoseyJo 07:03 PM 10-08-2013

MyAngels 07:10 PM 10-08-2013
I'm so sorry things are bad right now
Sunshine75 07:21 PM 10-08-2013
Wow, when it rains it pours! That is a really bum deal. You would think the fact that they don't have your rating from before shouldn't be your problem. One of those times where you wish you had a time machine and could just go back and not send in your paperwork for group status. Maybe they won't take notice. Here is to hoping! What will you do about mom who didn't get paperwork in in time? She does owe you and not getting it in is her fault not yours. Could the county go after her for the money? Not sure how that all works.
Blackcat31 07:34 PM 10-08-2013
I'm sorry things are looking so bleak..

Hang in there....
butterfly 08:08 PM 10-08-2013

Scout 04:05 AM 10-09-2013
It can only get better, right?!
KidGrind 04:09 AM 10-09-2013
I am sad to read you're going through so much. I hope things turn around for you in a positive direction very soon.
Brooksie 05:18 AM 10-09-2013

melilley 05:23 AM 10-09-2013

LK5kids 05:23 AM 10-09-2013
Hoping for All good things to come to you!
momofsix 06:32 AM 10-09-2013
Sorry you're dealing with this ridiculous stuff!
snbauser 06:44 AM 10-09-2013
Sorry to hear all of that. Hope things turn around quickly.
MotherNature 07:18 AM 10-09-2013
wow-that really sucks. Hope you get some good news soon.
Tags:vent
Reply Up