Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Heard A New One Just Now
laundrymom 11:13 AM 12-13-2010
ok, my sa boy who comes, I dont have room for him over christmas break. he counts in my original ratios whenever school is out more than 2 weeks. This year school is out 11 weekdays. so because of that one day I dont have room,.. . today she calls,.. saying she is going to LOSE CUSTODY because I cant keep him?? how the heck is it MY fault?? she is like,.. well if you cant keep him his dad will and wont give him back,.. I told her Im sorry but Im not going over ratio . That I will apply for a varience but that takes time. Ive never had him on christmas break, only every other week in summer which she already knows I cant do this year because enrollment is full. ugh`
jen 11:27 AM 12-13-2010
LOL! Pack your bags, you've just won a GUILT TRIP!
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 12-13-2010
Haven't you learned yet that it is ALWAYS the daycare providers fault??? I was told last week by a dcm that I ruined her son's Christmas because I wouldn't keep her kid (he had strep) so she could go Christmas shopping and will now not have enough time to do it all before Christmas actually gets here!!! Whatever........ Merry Christmas to her too!! Some people!!
jen 11:30 AM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Haven't you learned yet that it is ALWAYS the daycare providers fault??? I was told last week by a dcm that I ruined her son's Christmas because I wouldn't keep her kid (he had strep) so she could go Christmas shopping and will now not have enough time to do it all before Christmas actually gets here!!! Whatever........ Merry Christmas to her too!! Some people!!
Oh for God's sake! Seriously, what is wrong with people. So, if your family got strep and couldn't do your Christmas shopping, that would be OK!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
DCMomOf3 11:32 AM 12-13-2010
I am so confused. How can she lose custody because of you? Dad won't give the kid back if he has to watch him so that means she looses custody? I just don't think that is how it works. I would think that would be illegal for him to do.
laundrymom 11:36 AM 12-13-2010
She is just trying to manipulate me I am sure of it. I just said well I'm sorry. I can't keep him. I won't go over ratio.
MyAngels 11:40 AM 12-13-2010
My reply might be: "Well, then you'd better get your butt in gear and find someone else to care for him over break, hadn't you?"

Some people. Seriously.
MG&Lsmom 03:21 PM 12-13-2010
I am shocked and amazed at the comments you all post about what your parents say to you. If anyone ever told me some of these things I'd terminate immediately. I have a HUGE problem with disrespect and this is MY HOME and MY business. No way I put up with that BS!
marniewon 03:46 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
I am shocked and amazed at the comments you all post about what your parents say to you. If anyone ever told me some of these things I'd terminate immediately. I have a HUGE problem with disrespect and this is MY HOME and MY business. No way I put up with that BS!
I agree. I am very blessed (or very lucky) to have great parents! Now. I have termed a family before because dcd was mad and swore in front of my 13yo ds. He didn't even swear AT him, just in front of him, and it was more of a mutter, but no one comes onto my property and treats any of us like that. I would hope I would be able to stop any whining too. Not sure though.
laundrymom 04:07 AM 12-14-2010
I hav fantastic parents for the most part but I always have one or two..... Who are well. Different.
laundrymom 05:02 AM 12-14-2010
And guess who did not show up this morning before school? Oh gee....... What will I do without the drama today?????? Will I be able to get thru? Lol. I think I'll make it

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
She is just trying to manipulate me I am sure of it. I just said well I'm sorry. I can't keep him. I won't go over ratio.

DaycareMomma 08:25 AM 12-14-2010
How dare you not go over your ratio's!

Some parents just don't understand that we could get in big trouble. If she feels that the dad will honestly not give the kid back, she better be calling her lawyer.
Tags:ratio
Reply Up