Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Garage Sale for Providers Only?
DaveA 01:34 PM 08-24-2020
I’m closing in 3 weeks. Other than teaching CPR/ first aid to local providers its a clean break from childcare. One thing I’ve realized is I have a lot of stuff. Garage sale is in the very near future. Debating giving local providers an early crack at the stuff I’m selling before the “regular” sale. Do you think I should let individual providers know or post it on our (seldom used) local providers Facebook group? Or is this a bad idea in general?
Michael 02:23 PM 08-24-2020
I'm usually the type that doesn't want strangers showing up at my door. I think posting it on a legitimate site like FB and legitimate providers that you can correspond with would be my choice. Then after the providers take what's needed, I would donate the rest to a Salvation Army, Goodwill or other non-profit and write-off the rest.
Rockgirl 05:05 PM 08-24-2020
Is there a local daycare association? That’s how we get the word around here about things like that.
Cat Herder 04:30 AM 08-25-2020
I second using the local daycare providers facebook page.
DaveA 04:53 AM 08-25-2020
Thanks folks. At this point I'm not even scratching the surface yet and it's like "holy @#$%". And that's not even considering general household "do we really need this anymore" stuff or MIL's piles of impulse purchases. By the time this is over it won't be just a garage sale but a garage/ yard/ halfway down the block sale.

I know a couple of neighbors were talking about needing to clean out/ get rid of stuff. I'm probably going to give them a heads up. That way if they want to they can hold one the same time.
rosieteddy 09:24 AM 08-26-2020
When I closed I offered things to our group. I gave a lot away ,but was able to sell two big chunks. A lot of things I put at curb and offered free .I didn't want to haggle with people, just easier. Good luck.
284878 01:30 PM 08-26-2020
So what daycare stuff do you have for sale?
Tags:donating toys, write offs
Reply Up