Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weekend Problems
Kabob 06:54 AM 08-30-2014
A month ago I had a new family sign up. Dcm gave me payment for the first 2 weeks of care and said she'd email me when the rest of the paperwork (immunizations, etc) were done and also submit her schedule then.

Weeks went by and after 3 weeks I emailed her asking what was going on. Dcm replied she would drop off the paperwork with dcg next week. I said no so dcm said she'd drop it off in my mailbox last night. Well...still no paperwork. I'm not happy with how this is starting out. Normally I like to sit down and go over the paperwork to make sure everyone is clear on everything but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I'm thinking of just refunding the money and being done with it. I didn't turn away anyone because of her anyway but I don't want to start any drama...

What would you do?
Thriftylady 07:15 AM 08-30-2014
If you can afford not to fill the spot, I might refund her and be done. Sounds like there will be more issues down the road.
daycarediva 07:17 AM 08-30-2014
I might give her one more chance.

"dcm before dcg can start we need to sit down together to review her paperwork. I am available X day and time, please let me know if that works for you."

If she doesn't show, or doesn't want to meet, then I would refund her and be done.
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
A month ago I had a new family sign up. Dcm gave me payment for the first 2 weeks of care and said she'd email me when the rest of the paperwork (immunizations, etc) were done and also submit her schedule then.

Weeks went by and after 3 weeks I emailed her asking what was going on. Dcm replied she would drop off the paperwork with dcg next week. I said no so dcm said she'd drop it off in my mailbox last night. Well...still no paperwork. I'm not happy with how this is starting out. Normally I like to sit down and go over the paperwork to make sure everyone is clear on everything but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I'm thinking of just refunding the money and being done with it. I didn't turn away anyone because of her anyway but I don't want to start any drama...

What would you do?
Has the child been in care already?

Legally, she can NOT attend without ALL required paperwork ON file.
You can be cited for providing services without it.

Personally, if parents cant get the required paperwork in without issue then they aren't the type of clients I want.

I prefer adults that understand requirements and can follow through without handholding and reminders from me.

Sounds like this mom is causing you more stress than necessary. I would tell her ALL paperwork by Tuesday or she is immediately termed.

I wouldn't want to continue the back and forth about something so simple.

Hoping she follows through for you.
Kabob 09:54 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Personally, if parents cant get the required paperwork in without issue then they aren't the type of clients I want.

I prefer adults that understand requirements and can follow through without handholding and reminders from me.

Sounds like this mom is causing you more stress than necessary. I would tell her ALL paperwork by Tuesday or she is immediately termed.

Nope the child didn't start yet. I was supposed to meet the child at the second interview that she skipped...

My policy is no paperwork or no pay then they can't attend...

So I just termed and refunded today. Her lack of communication and inability to follow basic policies (scheduling on time and repeatedly failing to get me the paperwork by the multiple due dates I gave her) just wasn't worth my worry. I'm already sending out emails to people on my waiting list. Sigh...at least I wasn't counting on that money and I'm fine with leaving that slot open for now...
Laurel 10:07 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Here where I live, you have up to two weeks to have the initial paperwork complete and in your files. I'm not sure where OP lives.

Laurel
Kabob 10:16 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Here where I live, you have up to two weeks to have the initial paperwork complete and in your files. I'm not sure where OP lives.

Laurel
I live where Blackcat lives. I had told dcm that I need paperwork before I can accept dck into care when she elected to skip my second interview. So her solution was to drop it off yesterday but still nothing. Hoping this will be an easy term since we haven't started care yet...but there is money involved so we'll see...never works out for me when I try to be nice.
MotherNature 10:25 AM 08-30-2014
ugh, and you hadn't met the kid yet either. Wonder if she was a horribly behaved child or something..
Laurel 03:55 PM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
I live where Blackcat lives. I had told dcm that I need paperwork before I can accept dck into care when she elected to skip my second interview. So her solution was to drop it off yesterday but still nothing. Hoping this will be an easy term since we haven't started care yet...but there is money involved so we'll see...never works out for me when I try to be nice.
Oh okay. Gee you probably dodged a bullet with that one!

Laurel
Reply Up