Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Licenses, 1 Home
yodaone 05:15 PM 05-09-2016
Here's the scoop:

My plan was to grow my in-home daycare from 6 children to 12 children. My states has a different license based on a large daycare or a small daycare.

Apparently the township I live in has just recently decided that they will no longer allow in-home daycares to be licensed to have 12 children because it's considered a business and they don't allow business in homes. I was DEVASTATED to find this out. Our home is perfect for a large daycare. We have a completely different entrance for the daycare. Separate rooms in our home for the daycare. A circle driveway with 2 parking spaces just for daycare. A 1 acre fenced in yard, etc.

So my hubby came up with this idea.

What if we had 2 licenses for our home. One license under my name and another license under his name. That would then allow for a 12 child daycare. Of course, then hubby would stay home and work the daycare with me.

Do you think that would be allowed and a way for us to have the large daycare??? Or is this just a crazy idea that would probably never fly in the world of licensed daycares.
Tags:license, ratio - large group, ratio - over limit
Up