Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dropping Off During Bus Stop Time
Indoorvoice 04:30 AM 11-15-2018
I have asked parents to not drop off between 8 and 8:15 because the bus stop is in my driveway. I stay inside with the littler kids during this time, but keep watch on the bus stop through my front window. The first day of school, a dcd dropped off during this time even though he normally came around 7:50. He said he was sorry and knew the rule but was running late. I thought he would get what my issue was after that as it was very chaotic and I explained again why it can't happen that day before he left. Almost every day since, he continues to drop off right in the middle of bus stop time. He pulls right in even when kids are standing in my driveway. Since I'm inside, I can't stop him from pulling in or deny him entry. I tried blocking my driveway but then he just parks on the private drive next to my house which irritates my neighbors. He knows I'm irked and says sorry everytime but doesn't stop. I feel like there is nothing I can do because I've allowed it for months by this point. Every time I get the nerve up to say something I second guess myself thinking it will sound too rude. I know he's being rude too. Does anyone have a polite way to stop this? It's so unsafe.
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, support from others, tough love
Up