Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Do Any of Your Forms Have to be Notarized?
Crazy8 09:38 AM 07-26-2011
I have it on my medical form. I pulled the form from somewhere online years ago and thought I read/heard that it has to be notorized for a hospital to accept it. I've always had parents do it no problem but now I have to have a form notorized for my son's soccer team and I realize what a PITA it is. Especially for someone who is glued to the house during banking hours. So I'm wondering, is it really necessary???

I really need to do a forms overhaul anyway, having done dc for 10 years some of my stuff is pretty outdated (like the form that listed pager number instead of cell number, LOL!).
Cat Herder 09:39 AM 07-26-2011
Only "No Compensation" forms require a notary here.
Crazy8 09:54 AM 07-26-2011
any clue on how I can find out if my emergency treatment form does need it??? Licensing is no help, their forms are more outdated than mine. They balked that I was using the Universal Child Health Record instead of their antiquated form.
Cat Herder 10:10 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
any clue on how I can find out if my emergency treatment form does need it??? Licensing is no help, their forms are more outdated than mine. They balked that I was using the Universal Child Health Record instead of their antiquated form.
Emergency Medical Personel will treat based on implied consent so you really have no worries.

You are covered under the Good Samaritan Law.

Having their physicians name, phone number, insurance information and any pertinent medical history (allergies, previous hospitalizations/surgeries, and medications they are currently taking) is more than enough and will be appreciated.
momofboys 10:24 AM 07-26-2011
Catherder is correct & I know first-hand. Before I was doing childcare my in-laws stayed overnight with our then 8-month old son & 2 1/2 yr old son. Late in the evening our 8-month-old (who had had RSV & pneumonia when he was only 2-months old both of which required week-long hospitalizations) developed a croupy cough out of nowhere. We had a form filled out for the in-laws giving them permission to take him to the ER & they did so. ER did give them a little flak about it not being notarized BUT they definitely did not deny him care. So I don't think they truly need to be notarized even though they may tell you otherwise.
Cat Herder 10:36 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Catherder is correct & I know first-hand. Before I was doing childcare my in-laws stayed overnight with our then 8-month old son & 2 1/2 yr old son. Late in the evening our 8-month-old (who had had RSV & pneumonia when he was only 2-months old both of which required week-long hospitalizations) developed a croupy cough out of nowhere. We had a form filled out for the in-laws giving them permission to take him to the ER & they did so. ER did give them a little flak about it not being notarized BUT they definitely did not deny him care. So I don't think they truly need to be notarized even though they may tell you otherwise.
I have a feeling they were giving them a bit of flak because respiratory symptoms in pediatrics are "Priority One" meaning the preferred course of action would have been to call 911 instead of transporting POV. This is especially true if the child had a history of asthma or this was his first time having croup. The number one cause of cardiac arrest in children is respiratory arrest.

They may have been trying to convey that information and just did not do as good a job of it as they should have. It is not uncommon.

They were afraid of the liability of a bad outcome based on a signed parental note telling them to drive the child themselves...especially if the doctor who told you to do that worked within their system..IYKWIM?
daycare 10:38 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Emergency Medical Personel will treat based on implied consent so you really have no worries.

You are covered under the Good Samaritan Law.

Having their physicians name, phone number, insurance information and any pertinent medical history (allergies, previous hospitalizations/surgeries, and medications they are currently taking) is more than enough and will be appreciated.
This is correct... they cant deny a child the right to medical service...
My children travel overseas a lot and I often worry should they become ill or have an accident while over there that they would need medical attention.

I was told to make my medical consent forms offical, that i would need to have them notarized, however, any hospital in the US would take it without it.

I have had to take one child to the ER for bee sting when they started having a reaction and the ER did not mutter a word about my county approved form from LIC that I gave them with all of her medical information.
Crazy8 01:05 PM 07-26-2011
ok, so it sounds like some of you are saying it *should* be notorized but they will accept a child without it. If that is the case then I'd like to keep it on my form and parents will just have to make arrangements to get it done. None of my parents have ever complained or questioned it, but now that I have to try to do it for my son I realized what a pain it is and would cut that step out if it really wasn't required. But it sounds like its a good thing to have it done that way so I'm going to keep it as is.

BTW.... does anyone use any good websites with sample forms??
daycare 01:18 PM 07-26-2011
are you licensed? My county provides a form for me

I can email you a copy of what they give me
PitterPatter 08:32 PM 07-26-2011
Here most of our forms are provided by the state. Even if I take on a private paying client they are required by law to have the same forms such as medical and permission to transport or treat medically etc. The Permission forms are the only ones that have to be notarized. There are lines at the back bottom for the parent to fill in and the a space for the notary as well.
daycare 08:36 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
Here most of our forms are provided by the state. Even if I take on a private paying client they are required by law to have the same forms such as medical and permission to transport or treat medically etc. The Permission forms are the only ones that have to be notarized. There are lines at the back bottom for the parent to fill in and the a space for the notary as well.
Permission forms for what??
PitterPatter 08:59 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Permission forms for what??
Permission to transport or be treated medically.
daycare 09:06 PM 07-26-2011
Permission to transport or be treated medically.
I have never had mine notarized. It's been over 5 years
Should I be worried??
PitterPatter 09:16 PM 07-26-2011
I have never had mine notarized. It's been over 5 years
Should I be worried??
I am state registered and the forms come from the state. Do u use state forms and have an inspector checking them? Do your forms have a required box for the notary? If not I wouldn't worry so much. Surely your inspector/monitor would have caught something by now if u have 1 that is. Mine are checked once every year to be sure all forms are filled out and current. But for your safety I would have the permission forms stamped by a notary and signed just in case. U never know what parents will pull these days!
daycare 09:19 PM 07-26-2011
I am state registered and the forms come from the state. Do u use state forms and have an inspector checking them? Do your forms have a required box for the notary? If not I wouldn't worry so much. Surely your inspector/monitor would have caught something by now if u have 1 that is. Mine are checked once every year to be sure all forms are filled out and current. But for your safety I would have the permission forms stamped by a notary and signed just in case. U never know what parents will pull these days!
All of mine are from the state. However my permission to transport is not from state, I created it. Maybe I should look into that.. Now I'm worried...
Lol
PitterPatter 09:25 PM 07-26-2011
All of mine are from the state. However my permission to transport is not from state, I created it. Maybe I should look into that.. Now I'm worried...
Lol
Well don't get worried. Just call and ask. I know it could be raising a red flag as I have done that to myself a few times but better to get it straight now. If your monitor never asked to see it OR saw it and didn't say anything then I would think u are ok. I will cross my fingers for u!
daycare 09:30 PM 07-26-2011
Well don't get worried. Just call and ask. I know it could be raising a red flag as I have done that to myself a few times but better to get it straight now. If your monitor never asked to see it OR saw it and didn't say anything then I would think u are ok. I will cross my fingers for u!
Thanks. I'm not sure the state has any say over my transporting as they don't want to get invovled. But I will call tomorrow and ask about my transport forms.
Thanks again.
momofboys 05:09 AM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I have a feeling they were giving them a bit of flak because respiratory symptoms in pediatrics are "Priority One" meaning the preferred course of action would have been to call 911 instead of transporting POV. This is especially true if the child had a history of asthma or this was his first time having croup. The number one cause of cardiac arrest in children is respiratory arrest.

They may have been trying to convey that information and just did not do as good a job of it as they should have. It is not uncommon.

They were afraid of the liability of a bad outcome based on a signed parental note telling them to drive the child themselves...especially if the doctor who told you to do that worked within their system..IYKWIM?
I forgot to mention we live less than 1/4 of a mile from our local hospital!
Crazy8 05:17 AM 07-27-2011
are you licensed? My county provides a form for me

I can email you a copy of what they give me
I am in the process of re-registering with my county/state. But I think I mentioned in my original post that their forms are antiquated - really bad. I don't believe there are any "have to use this exact form" rules.

I googled medical treatment authorization and my state name and came up with a lot of forms that look just like mine so I think I'll just keep it as is. Rather have it notorized and not need it than not have it notorized when it should have been, you know?
Nebula 07:40 PM 10-07-2013
Somehow got a double post
Nebula 07:44 PM 10-07-2013
Having worked in the Emergency Medical Field for years as a Paramedic and also in the ER, I can assure you- the hospital and pre-hospital personnel will not withhold neccesary life stabilizing treatment from a child.

That being said,I be sure to include in my Emergency Form that the parents will be responsible for the charges.......... It is worded like this

I________________________ give my consent for my child listed above
(Parent’s Name Printed)

to be treated with basic first aid and CPR by the family home staff. I further understand that if the capabilities fall outside of the staff, that my child will be transported to the hospital by [Ambulance Company Name] (###-###-####). I hereby give consent for [Ambulance Company Name] and the receiving hospital staff & doctors to administer necessary emergency medical treatment for my child. Elective treatment will not be given unless I have been contacted and given consent. I understand I will be contacted immediately or as soon as possible after the incident, and be provided with an incident report. I also acknowledge that charges for emergency services from the ambulance and /or hospital will be my responsibility.

And yeah, I have parents get it notarized
Cradle2crayons 08:05 PM 10-07-2013
None of my forms have to be notarized.

The only thing I have notarized is a power of attorney for medical care of the special dcg to take her to her cardiologist and her regular md appointments.

Since its not an emergency but sometimes they do procedures on the child such as special blood draws etc, my form has to be notarized. But it isn't the same form as emergency treatment.
Angelsj 05:00 AM 10-08-2013
If parents choose not to vaccinate, or not to disclose their vaccination status, the conscientious objection form must be notarized. Otherwise, I don't believe we need to get any of them done.
Tags:forms, notarized
Reply Up