Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Where to Buy Books?
Former Teacher 05:41 PM 06-08-2012
I usually buy books from local retailers IE Walmart, Target etc.

Online: I will buy from eBay and Amazon.

However there is a new and awesome website called www.thriftbooks.com

I HIGHLY recommend them! VERY cheap prices and free shipping on EVERY order!

Check them out!
Kaddidle Care 06:47 PM 06-08-2012
The local library has books for sale - CHEAP!

If there's a particular book I want I do go to Amazon first.

One of my all time favorites - My box and string. My copy fell apart (it's OLD) but I found a good copy on Amazon. Happy!
Bookworm 02:05 PM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:

Check them out!
I am looking into buying all or Dr. Seuss' books but could figure out how to afford them. Thank you so much for this.
daycare 02:45 PM 06-12-2012
i do scholastic books. I have a teachers account and i also offer the book club to my families.

when we all buy things, I get credits to put toward getting new books. I just got 17 books for $9.95. I bought most of them with my points that I had saved up. It is really worth looking into...

I love the books we get from there.....
magsgma 06:59 PM 06-12-2012
I just bought 30 books for $3.00 at Goodwill (they were 10 for $1) There were some Scholastic books and some *Science* books they were in good shape! I found a lot of insect ones which will work very well for our activites this summer.
I spent a fortune on Amazon on books and some of my best "finds" have been at Goodwill or yard sales.
MommieNana4 11:06 AM 06-13-2012
I do the library or buy from thrift stores or yard sales.
jeccyka 08:26 PM 07-10-2012
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:

Check them out!
Hi, i checked the site, found that has only English books ,no other languages books, i usually buy from Amazon.
Whatever,thanks!
Childminder 07:30 AM 07-11-2012
Another good site is booksamillion.com the books are new, not used and it's where I get all my gifts for the kids for Christmas usually for $1.97 - $3.97 each.
itlw8 09:54 AM 07-12-2012
Scholastic Sign your group up for book orders. you earn points and in the fall there are usually free books for the class. Parents can even choose the books online now and pay with a credit card. That makes your job easier.
Unregistered 08:28 AM 07-13-2012
Hi everyone! The site I use to order my books on is:

bookdepository.com

They are based in the UK, have good deals and free shipping!
Have fun browsing!
Former Teacher 06:40 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
I am looking into buying all or Dr. Seuss' books but could figure out how to afford them. Thank you so much for this.
You are SO welcomed!
Miss FiFi 11:11 AM 07-24-2012
I am so pleased to find this fantastic site for books! It will be great to add to my children's collection, but for my own as well! Thank you for sharing.
Former Teacher 12:35 PM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by Miss FiFi:
I am so pleased to find this fantastic site for books! It will be great to add to my children's collection, but for my own as well! Thank you for sharing.
You are welcome!

I am so happy that I can be of help!

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
Daycarelady1979 06:29 AM 08-06-2012
I found some nice board books at Once Upon A Child... I bought 'Goodnight Moon' for $1.50. With the little ones I have here I can't keep 'paper' books within reach...they rip out the pages. I also signed up to do the Scholastic thing as others mentioned & NOT ONE of my parents were ever interested. Goodwill is a good place to look also.
DCMama 09:53 PM 08-22-2012
I found collections from craigslist and some I would get from my resource library. Those are like jewels for me and I make sure my child take care of it like gold. haha okay not that badly but those are "teachers" books and I usually use for circle time and puppet time
Reply Up