Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Late Letter?
Leanna 02:57 PM 11-20-2013
So long story short 5pm, otherwise known as CLOSING TIME, rolled around tonight and I still had 4 kids! I am very flexible with my families but lately I am starting to feel as though they are taking advantage. I'd like to create a little slip that I can quickly fill out and stick in their bag every time they are late. I really do not want to have to say, "You are late. Our policy is a dollar a minute. You owe _____. etc. etc." over and over again. I want a note that is short and sweet, firm but not rude. I want to be able to fill in the date, name, time they arrived and how much they owe. Does anyone have a slip like this? Do you find it effective? Care to share or give ideas?
grandmom 03:00 PM 11-20-2013
At the end of the month, just add it to their receipt. It only took a couple times for my parents to get it.
Blackcat31 03:10 PM 11-20-2013
I have something like this.

I don't use it anymore but have it saved still in the HUGE file of forms I seem to endlessly collect

Maybe you could alter it to fit your needs...
Shell 03:13 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I don't use it anymore but have it saved still in the HUGE file of forms I seem to endlessly collect

love this!
Leanna 03:16 PM 11-20-2013

Perfect! Thank you. I like the part where I can opt to waive the late fees if I see fit.
Annalee 06:52 PM 11-20-2013

nothingwithoutjoy 08:21 AM 11-21-2013
I would never charge people if I had to ask for it, so for me, a form is essential! I used to have a separate "oops" note (funny that I used the same name as Blackcat; trying to lighten the tone, I guess). Now I just combine all extras into one form. (Additional hours; late charges; freebies--I allow each child 2 free scheduled evenings/year--and diapers, which are 50 cents each if I provide them, whether by agreement or for missing supplies.)
Attached: Bill for extra hours.pdf (40.0 KB) 
Michael 03:10 PM 11-21-2013
I was surprised we had so many other threads on this topic: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+pickup+letter
cece123 06:55 PM 05-01-2015

Where can I see this letter?
Tags:late letter, late pickup letter, letter samples
Reply Up