Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>What to Do Before Bed
MsColbert 08:02 AM 12-06-2013
I am considering offering second shift care into third shift care from 5PM- 7AM. I know most of this time will be putting the children to bed but I would like it to still be an enriching experience. Any suggestions on second shift activities?
Angelsj 10:13 AM 12-06-2013
You could offer some homework help for olders, but honestly, I am guessing most of these kids have had a long day at that point, and have had enough "activity."
When I had that group, we might do play do, a movie, coloring, cut and paste. In the summer maybe some outside time, or a walk. What would you do with your own children in the evening?
The biggest thing was to have a good bedtime routine (shower, bath, teethbrush, snack, whatever) then read a couple of really quality books. I loved introducing children to good kid's books and often to chapter books as they fell asleep. Hearing good literature read to them is SOOO important to kids building a good vocabulary and learning to read themselves.
melilley 10:14 AM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
You could offer some homework help for olders, but honestly, I am guessing most of these kids have had a long day at that point, and have had enough "activity."
When I had that group, we might do play do, a movie, coloring, cut and paste. In the summer maybe some outside time, or a walk. What would you do with your own children in the evening?
The biggest thing was to have a good bedtime routine (shower, bath, teethbrush, snack, whatever) then read a couple of really quality books. I loved introducing children to good kid's books and often to chapter books as they fell asleep. Hearing good literature read to them is SOOO important to kids building a good vocabulary and learning to read themselves.
This exactly!
Reply Up